Slowly Going Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Sorin, Jan 5, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hope you keep getting better Sorin, I have had mine 5 weeks now. Fluctuates a lot likes your, but I am hopeful it will get better.

2. AlexSongitus

AlexSongitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced

I just wanted to say 15 days into it, I'm now experienced what you were. At first it was constant. Or it was gradually getting better throughout the day and got about 5-6 hours of silence 2 out of 6 days. Then about 4 days ago I started noticing changes in tone, volume, different sounds in each ear, etc. I don't know how much is due to the Prednisone and vitamins I am still on, but yesterday I had a total day of near silence, the first day I woke up with no T in my right ear, and almost inaudible in my left. 16 hours non stop of silence, and then last night only 3 hours of sleep was enough to bring it back in both ears, with different sounds, hiss in my left, ticking in my right. Sleep resets it, brings it back, for me.

Would be encouraging if I could get to 2-3 days of silence like you did. Did you experience any direct correlation between sleeping and changes? Is there anything you can think of that you did differently before you got those 2-3 days of silence?

Btw, chewing gum was a great idea by your doctor to get your mind off of it at times and break up the sound. I chew A LOT. It helps.

3. grecianmax87

grecianmax87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Sorin - my tinnitus fluctuated just like that from month 2-5. With every week that went after that it gradually turned into one very high but low in volume consistent baseline noise. I think the days where I felt it had gone to a 0 in volume was actually this baseline, but in comparison to very loud whine I had for 5 months it felt like silence when it happened. It's a good sign, it shows its levelling out.

• Like Like x 1
    4. shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      Was it a medrol dose pack that the dr gave you? The one where you taper and it lasts for six days? Cuz that's what I got and I'm wondering if its enough to combat something like this. I work in a pharmacy as a tech and some girl got prescribed like 20mg of prednisone two times a day for three days or something close to that and she was complaining about her ear being "shut down". I hope this medrol dose pack has enough punch.

5. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      ty, good luck to you too
      nope, nothing. I tried not sitting on the PC, not getting too tired, not drinking Coke, sex/masturbating. the T going up and down in volume is just random for me.
      yeah, I hope so. For example, 2 days ago it was moderate to mild in volume, yesterday was very low until I went to bed, today was super loud and now it seems it loweres down. really weird. Sometimes is louder when I go to bed, sometimes is not. Sometimes I can't hear it when I get out of bed, sometimes it's pretty loud.
      I took it for 11 days, don't remember the dosage, but I took 3 days a dosage, the next 3 days I lowered the dosage and so on. The doctor said I shouldn't get off of it right away.

6. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      These last 5-7 days have been going very smooth, especially in the last 3-4 days. The T has a few spikes here and there, but most of the times it's a high pitched sound at a low volume that seems to be getting quieter and quieter. This is the quietest my T has been since I got it 6 weeks ago, it feels like it's definitely going away, but I hope this time it will be for good.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Week 7 update: The T still continues to fluctuate, I can get 30 mins-1hr of not hearing it at all, or just a hissing and then it can come back for a few hours, fluctuating between a low and a higher volume. Sometimes it's a bit bothering, sometimes it's not. In the past it used to fluctuate between days, then between 24/hrs and now between hours. Hopefully it will go away completely.

8. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      week 8 update: This week was good, the T fluctuates, but I think it was a little bit better than week 7, except these last 2 days, when T was pretty loud and bothering. Don't really know what to believe anymore and can't really see how it will ever go away. If it doesn't get better in the next month or so, I'm going to the doctor again.

9. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yeah mine has been similar. Week 3-4 were really quiet and for the past couple of days its been a bit louder in one ear and stayed more constantly loud. It's just kind of how it goes it seems. Hope it lowers for you again.

10. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @AlexSongitus thanks, I hope the same for you too.

My T goes away if I clench my teeth, or if I lower my head into my neck, or if I lower my head into my neck and move it to the left side (my T is in my right ear). It goes away just for the moments I keep those positions, has anybody experienced this?

I have also noticed from time to time, that I get T in my left year, but only for a few seconds.

11. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes I have. Now that it's low I can clench my teeth and affect the loudness of it slightly. If I rotate my jaw, I can do the same. In fact, even more so. I can cause it to spike 2x its level by rotating, pushing my jaw as far left as I can and holding it there, same side as my most affected ear. I'm actually noticing a number of physical relationships or correlations and T. Sleeping, left tonsil, left stuffed nostril, etc.

I just found out that your nostril and sinuses can actually be affected by which side you keep your head when sleep. In my case I noticed just last night that if I laid down long enough on one side my nostril would become completely stuffed. If I raised my head up, it would clear up within a couple of minutes.

And yes all the symptoms are on the left side as my left ear which has the loudest T. My right has been consistently very low for 3 weeks now.

I'm beginning to wonder if whatever T I experienced due to noise exposure has significantly diminished and what's left now in my left ear has more to do with physical reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @AlexSongitus thanks for your posts.

Don't really know what I'll do from here. If the T stays as it was these last 4 days, it's really disturbing and I'll go to the doctor sooner. I think I'll definitely ask for a MRI/CT scan and stuff like Gingko Biloba and Zinc for starters.

13. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      How loud is yours now? I know you were saying before it was giving you a break even for as long as a day or two. Was that while you were on Prednisone? How long have you been off of it? It might also be due to the Prednisone exiting your system and your brain readjusting after that.

I have been on magnesium, calcium, zinc and D3, Ginko as well as B12 since it started. I stopped Ginko about a week ago, but still taking the others. It's been pretty stable and low even after getting off Prednisone for me, but I do have days where it stays louder than others. Seems like it's cycling now. Have a couple of louder days, a couple of low days. I did have a period for about 3 days where it stayed around a 3 in my left ear, a 1/2 in my right, and then yesterday it died down to almost nothing again for 8 hours or so throughout the night until I fell asleep. Today it's back to about a 3/2 in my left 1 in my right.

I'm just rolling with it. I try not to care about what it does anymore as much as I can and that helps me. Just whatever happens, happens. It seems if I act like that when it's louder and accept it, then in a day or two I get a break of very low T. And that works for me psychologically during the loud days as well, because if I think that I will eventually have another lower day it just makes it easier to deal with. Thinking like that has made it lose it's grip on me emotionally 95% of the time, but I think that is also due to the fact that the levels are generally low overall(1-4) and the hiss I have now is nowhere near as intrusive as the ringing I originally had.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @AlexSongitus Yeah, in the last 2 weeks it was better than ever, still fluctuating, but it seemed like it was going away and it wasn't as bothering as it is now. But in these last 4 days it was pretty loud again. I'm off the medicine for like a month and a half now. At it's loudest I'd say it's a 7, I can hear it while watching TV, or if I'm walking outside, really disturbing. At it's lowest I can only hear a hissing, totally manageable, not bothering at all. In these last 4 days I only got like 15-20 minutes at a time where it was not loud, but then it would get louder again.
      My T has cycled as well. At first it would be 3 days really loud, 2 days ok, then 1 day loud, one day ok. Then a few hours loud, a few hours better. All this in a timespan of almost 9 weeks.

15. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sounds like it's fluctuating quite a bit. Just hang in there see how it goes in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will level out again. Try your best not to give the spikes too much attention.

16. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
    17. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      9 weeks in, the T is still fluctuating, got 4 days of really loud T, really bothering, then for almost 3 days it was quiet, didn't bother me at all and today is loud again. can't really understand why it fluctuates like this.

18. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Tinnitus is unpredictable that's for sure. I have days when my T is loud and it bothers me immensely then it can be low . What is so frustrating is that I have no control over it.

19. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      week 10 update, this week the T was quieter, still fluctuating. one month ago I went 5 days on antibiotics and the T was getting quieter and this Saturday I went again on antibiotics and the T seems to get quieter again. so if it comes back as loud as it was a while ago, it might have something to do with some sort of inflammation in my body, but that's just a theory of mine.

20. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Good to hear. I suspect that inflammation can play a role. That's why they give us Prednisone. I had a significant reaction the night I took Penicillin and EngineerLA reported his improved greatly with antibiotics, and sinus medication. Hope it keeps improving for you Sorin.

21. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @AlexSongitus thanks Alex

week 11 was very good, the best so far, until yesterday when the T got louder again, not very loud, but mildly bothersome. it might be because I finished the antibiotic course on Thursday, or because I got out in the cold on Sunday. I'll keep you updated.

22. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      That's a good sign Sorin if it died down significantly at week 11. How long did you take antibiotics?

Definitely keep us posted. Maybe yours will just go away. I'd love to hear a story like that from someone that's been posting here with T for a couple of months.

23. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @AlexSongitus I've taken antibiotics for 5 days, both times, got 3 wisdom teeth pulled out.

24. adrian_em

adrian_em Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firearm
      Hello Sorin, at what hospital you went in Romania? I went to the ENT Institute in Bucharest and they gave me Medrol for 5 days, Milgamma for 10 days and Betaserc for 1 month. I have to go back after the first month. I ve had T since 2012, that's when I noticed it actually after my second tour in Afghanistan, but I habituated and forgot about it. It went to acute phase again after a truck blew its horn near my ears... I am slightly well now however there is a long road ahead.

25. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @adrian_em sorry to hear that, I've been to the Sfanta Maria hospital.

week 12 it's going bad, the T is coming back louder, still fluctuating, sometimes bothersome. will probably wait another month or so and go to the doctor again, if things don't get better.

26. adrian_em

adrian_em Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firearm
      Ok, I was puzzled why you haven't been prescribed Betaserc because I've noticed it's the standard treatment here in Romania. I hope you'll get better.

27. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      I've been taking Tador since Friday and the T is very low in volume, I think Tador is also an anti-inflammatory medicine, so I'm afraid the T is going to get louder when I stop taking it. Anybody else experienced this?

28. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      That's a good question. I have another one though. Has there been any research or any indication as to how long inflammation persists after onset? If T is partly due to inflammation, how long would that inflammation persist, to still attribute relief to anti-inflammatory medicine?

29. Buckaroo
      Curious

Buckaroo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 10, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @AlexSongitus

It could be months for inflammation to subside depending on what is being used. Instant relief from steroids can occur but if there isn't a permanent mechanism in place, steroids are only a band-aid.

I also hypothesize that T is the result of inflammation and I am going to be posting an experiment shortly. I have a feeling that most folks who are taking B12, Zinc etc. to stop their T or reduce it aren't having the success they should have because of the body's inability to heal while in a constant inflammatory state. I believe and HOPE mostly, that once we get the inflammation under control, things like B12, Zinc and our body's own ability to correct itself can successfully take place.

I will post details in the alternative treatments and research section of TTalk very shortly.

• Like Like x 1
    30. Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      I've been taking Tador these past two weeks, because of dental work and the T is very low in volume, very rarely disturbing me, but I'm afraid it will come back louder when I stop Tador, just as I said in my previous post. I'll let you guys know.