So Upset and Depressed (Ear Infection)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So 7 weeks ago I got an ear infection. Itching, puss filled and blood. It took me 3 weeks to get the right treatment and the infection went away but the ringing stayed. I am only 37 and so depressed about this.

I broke down after extreme anxiety and depression and through my insurance (sans my deductible) got a hearing aide that I just got TODAY.

This weekend the same fucking infection started in my other ear. It is only an outer ear infection. I have seen the best doctors in the world (what they all say to me), ENT's, audiologists etc. It is only an OUTER EAR infection. Now my right ear is ringing. I am so scared and upset.

Ok so the hearing aid works in my left ear (old infection now healed but still ringing) but it amplifies the ringing in my right ear.

So am I going to get this T worse and worse every cold I get? All it was was an outer ear infection with puss and I get T from this forever? Sorry I'm just so upset. I guess I am glad the hearing aid seems to work in my other ear but so scared I have to live this life.

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Are you sure your tinnitus is louder, you aren't just imagining it or focusing on it more out of worry? Outer ear infection shouldn't affect tinnitus...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thank you for responding. I probably am making it all kinds of worse from worry but I know the right now has the T from that same ear infection. It filled up with gunk and the ENT got it out (and it was better for that moment). But now since I have the hearing aid I hear it in the right ear. I hope it will just go away. It was so bad in my right ear a couple days ago it made me remember how bad it was on my left ear when I first got it so that is a good thing I guess...the left one had been getting better.