Some Ramblings About My Tinnitus, and I'm Looking for an Indoor Water Fountain

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jacob83, Oct 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jacob83

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud headphones
      First off, anyone have an indoor water fountain they like and could link to where to purchase? There's so many Amazon, but any first hand experience from someone with tinnitus would be best. I'm also not that crafty, so I'd rather buy one, plus it would be a cool piece to have, anyway. I like to read books, but since my tinnitus has been a lot louder this past month, I struggle a bit to ignore my head noise before I can put the sounds on ignore and get lost in the story. I can do it, but it takes some effort.

Now for the ramblimgs....

My tinnitus is SO FREAKING WEIRD and I don't get it. Sometimes it drives me crazy, sometimes I could couldn't care less about any of it. I live in an average sized apartment that's not very big and it's quiet, real quiet and as soon as I get inside from work my T just BLARES at me when I sit down on the sofa and it always initally freaks me out and I just think, "oh my god, WHY!? I can't escape this sound! There's so much sound!" even my cat will look at me like, "..the fuck, man? What's with you? Get over yourself and pay attention to me" (my cat's a narcissit) but when I go outside for a walk even on a quiet night my T is barely there. It's there, but my brain doesn't pick it up right away, I look for it and find it and then it's there, but it's such a small fraction of the volume compared to when I'm in a quiet, smaller room. Any idea on why this is? Even large, conference rooms that are silent my T doesn't sound at all like it does when I'm at home. It's frustrating. You could put me in a large sealed room with a fan and I wouldn't notice my T, but a small room with a fan and I can still hear my T.

Also our minds (or at least a lot of our minds :)) are so incredibly impressive at tuning out these invasive sounds as they are picking them up and locking on them. I noticed this a lot yesterday when I spent a good hour or so at the library for the first time in a couple months. As soon I was walked in, BOOM, just surrounded by loud head noise, it was so loud I couldn't believe it, but I shrugged it off, and when on my search for some books. I was on a mission and I wasn't going to let T take that from me. After about 20 minutes of searching the isles I noticed I wasn't bothered by my T and from that point on it got quieter and quieter and after about 45 minutes I didn't even notice it. Same thing when I got home... My T just BLARES at me and I'm in a state of shock and thinking, "I'm never going to be able to read these books. These sounds are just too much," but then it happens... a few chapters in the T just go back, and back and farther back into my head where I can't even tell it's there anymore. Then my mind looks for it, picks it up and it's loud again. Frustrating.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Jacob, I take your tip and bought a water fountain well anyway it was so noisy.
      I have a nightmare about it. Keep your receipt. What type of sound do you have.?
      Make a plan what you are doing to do save yourself. My tinnitus and ears are hurting bad sevcrely. I don't know why they can not help someone. It is sad. Yes, I tried everything. I down to chiropractor and physiotherapy, also, mouth piece. So what are your plans, Tylenol, I believe advil spark my tinnitus today badly.I take advil because ears were hurting, now are severely hurting. It is 8:00. I stay until 12 so I don't to take twice with the noisy tinnitus.

Important: Read all success stories, Be a success. People make it out.
      I want to make it out. I want to make it out. I am a survivor. Today was first I was low end of the deck. That is pretty low. Hugs and Kisses.

3. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So seriously, whatever you do. So what is causing your problem. I am sorry that I did not ask.

4. Jacob83

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud headphones
      @Fairy,

I'm sorry your ears are hurting. I really am. My tinnitus can REALLY suck lately, but I don't have pain associated it with it as well. But it's like you said, YOU'RE a survivor and I'm a survivor, too. Tomorrow's a new day and I hope your pain goes away.

5. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      That's actually a good idea; I been thinking about maybe getting an indoor water fountain to make some noise for sleeping.

6. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dear Jacob: I would try to locate tinnitus center. There is lots of them in U.S. I love Wisconsin.
      I have travel a lot before this problem. I have been getting line and looking places to help me.
      I can travel any more. Why not, I am not giving up. There is tape on youtube about a girl going to arkansas and got type of treatment. One hour later she was well. It could be ultrasound.
      What am I working on Bee venom. You hear right. It does work. I also I find that it works in the lotion too. I would think is bee poo. I am guessing. lol. I research this one out too. I mean i am trying any thing. Actually, I find a source in the next town. lol. This is funny. Am I going to buy. lol. I am going crazy. lol

Bee venom heals lyme disease, also m.s. sometimes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dear Jacob: I saw your ears were caused noise, high sound. You are lucky your tinnitus will go away on its own. (I did my homework). Look under loud noise on here.

8. Jacob83

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud headphones
      I hope so :) Thank you for the enouragement :) Yeah, I first got tinnitus when I was teenager. Lo-fi punk rock did me in. Damn, I love(d) that music, though. Serious stress knocked it up a few notches a month ago after so many years. Sigh.

How did you get yours?

9. Nonna
      Barefooter

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
    10. Jacob83

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud headphones
      That's pretty neat, Nona! Can you hear the flowing water in it?