Something Weird Happened, and I'm Happy

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by iamgrmm2, May 16, 2015.

1. iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Last week My T started and it was so bad I was anxious I tried to keep calm all the time. This week things are going good. I woke up with T lower, and just hissing which is not noticeable outside. What's even better is that i can only hear it now on my right ear which is minimal and can be heard in total silence which does not bother me anymore. Can anyone explain this?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Be happy! Don't worry why it happened. There is no reason. You are one of those millions and millions of people who gets better within a few weeks after onset. Only a small group of unfortunate people will be stuck with this forever! You are not one of them.

Go live your life and forget you ever had tinnitus!! Remember to use hearing protection!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      I have no idea if this is placebo or not but I feel exactly the same way. For 3 weeks after spike I was extremely suffering from it daily and after I just started to relax and it seems like it is slowly going away each day. Maybe it was supposed to, maybe stress was increasing volume for me, maybe nothing changed but mentally I feel a whole damn lot better. I will keep telling this to myself for next couple of months and will see how it goes.

If you cant notice it outside thats awesome. Many people would want it that way :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Ur t is new it always seems loud at first because u arent used to a noise coming out your ear it slowly gets better and less noticeble.. Well to some degree..

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Thanks! To be honest i'm so happy that this is happening. Also i'm 15 I play guitar with my band and even DJ/Produce. Maybe I was given this for me to value my hearing before it's too late! [emoji1] [emoji1] I feel I get better each day and it is becoming less noticeable still keeping myself busy and positive that this will eventually go away.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      WEAR EAR plugs with your band! Always! Get musicians plugs and /or in ear monitors as soon as possible!

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

I'm really considering getting musician's earplugs kinda surprised about the price though. I saw these brands Like Vmoda, Earpeace anyone tried them?

8. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Not enough NR on those. Get them a NOW! Don't make me tell you again.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Of course! Musician earplugs are a must buy for me! Just having a hard time finding it since I live in the Philippines which gives me a hard time finding some. Are there some you can suggest if i'm in a budget? Seen some others that has -15db & -25db exchangeable filters.

10. John Young
      Dumb

John Young Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April, 30th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm in a similar situation and I'm dumbfounded.

11. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Okay because you were in a band and DJing your tinnitus definitely had to do with hearing loss.

Why it quieted down is not sure, maybe some hearing came back, maybe other neurological factors at play.
      Don't know?

12. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      It is a miracle. And that is the only explanation. Take care of yourself and good luck