Sonicare Toothbrush?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Grrr!, Sep 30, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Grrr!
      Gloomy

Grrr! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012?
      Could a Sonicare toothbrush be to blame for my T going from 5 to 10?

2. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      No. I use it every day. Doesn't change my T.

3. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Are you sticking it in your ear? :woot:

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Grrr!
      Gloomy

Grrr! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012?
      It's the only thing I can remember changing since my T went from 5 to 10!

5. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi, @Grrr! It's often impossible to tell exactly what changes our tinnitus. But I use a Sonicare every day and it doesn't bother me.
      So it sounds like you just started using this toothbrush? If so, go back to hand brushing. If your T goes down, you'll know the Sonicare was the cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      It's easy to make false correlations when it comes to stuff like this. We get so desperate to know what is going on with our health, that sometimes it is really easy to think, "X came before tinnitus, so that must be the cause". Not saying that it is a false correlation, but that often does happen. T is such a tricky problem that it is often extremely difficult to know what the cause is unless it is something just plain obvious, e.g. shooting a rifle without hearing protection.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Grrr!
      Gloomy

Grrr! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012?
      I can see that now. Frankly, I've had it for years but suddenly owned that it was ME and not the trucks/machines in the street about a week ago (looow frequency rumble).

But it really went nuts about the time I bought my new brush. (AWESOME by the way.... much better than my Oral-B!) So I am trying to connect dots that may not actually be there.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      @ Grrr, just brush your teeth with your electric TB, it is not loud enough or strong enough to make any difference to your T, now using an axle grinder, well that just might make a difference hahaha!! i'm sick of pussy footing around my T, not to be stupid of course, i wouldn't do anything stupid! but house hold noises, i just don't run from them anymore, it is what it is, and to hell with it, as the quieter i am with myself the louder my T is ? hope this helps x

9. JayKurian

JayKurian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 2014
      My Tinnitus has a new frequency after using Sonicare for 2 days. There definitely was a clearly noticeable audible onset when I used it. It just started tonight, perhaps it will go away.

But some of the comments in here are not helpful - like "Are you sticking it in your ear?"- JayM
      This is a concerning medical condition and making light of other people's afflictions are insensitive.

10. JayKurian

JayKurian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early 2014
      Are you a doctor or a physicist? Sound causes vibration - sonic or ultrasonic vibration toothbrush cause vibration. You don't need sound damage to cause damage to cochlear cells, only vibration. What makes you think you can give advice so cocksurely?

11. Jptsr1

Jptsr1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1992
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, Guns, Q-Tips
      I have no idea if your sonicare is to blame but I know for me if I think there was even a slight chance it was I'd have to experiment with removing it to rule it out. In my head it's almost more important if I think it is than if it actually is.