Sore Neck

Discussion in 'Support' started by erniej, May 5, 2016.

1. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I have been having a sore neck for a while. I noticed that when I watch TV my head bends to the right because I am laying down and watching TV on my left side. If I make myself bend my head in that same direction on purpose my tinnitus gets louder. I watch a lot of TV in this position.
      When I was a tool and die maker I was looking down for eight hours a day and slowly got bone spurs over a number of years. I don't thnk that has anything to do with my tinnitus. With the debilitating tinnitus I have been spending even more time laying in this position. Right now if I touch the right muscles in my neck they feel sore.
      Also, I sleep on the couch and watch TV from there and my head is getting constant pressure from the arm rest pushing my head to the right even more.
      Am I just grasping at straws or could I be on to something?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Neck problems can cause tinnitus and make it spike .
      Something you can keep an eye on if that position causes more problems...lots of love glynis

3. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      I have noticed since I'vegotten my neck muscles a little stronger from exersices,like I was told to do by my doctor an my physical therspist.,my tinnitus doesn't go away anymore...it used to go quiet every now and then but now it doesn't.wonder what I have done????!!

4. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Saw my GP yesterday and after talking about Somatic T, she thought that my neck tension/ pain might be ' neurological recruitment'. My auditory system has tapped into my cranial nerves to compensate for hearing loss OR my neck tension is over stimulating the nerves in my neck thereby sending wrong signal to my DCN.

5. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What are you going to do for it true silence? I'm thinking I have nerve trapped in neck somewhere..

6. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Jeannie, have you had an MRI? It will show if you have a trapped nerve. I don't know what I'm going to do to be honest. If I do have this weird neurological recruitment, then its something I won't be able to control. It's worse than the T to be honest . I'm gonna do some swimming and see how that works out first and maybe some laser therapy on my trigger points.

7. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I have had 2 of them but they say
      if a nerve is trapped at the base of skull and neck it won't show on an mri,you have to get a nerve block to see if it helps with pain.but m to afraid to get a huge needle in my neck. I have been in physical therapy 5 different times so I'm doing the strenghthning for my neck but now I get no break at all in tinnitus....:(

8. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      What about spinal decompression with cold laser therapy? YouTube have lots on this! Might even try it myself!!!

9. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hmmm..never seen that..will have to check it out thanks!!!