Spike After Noise Incident

Discussion in 'Support' started by Newloud, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Newloud

Newloud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      music, noise, stress, anxiety
      I was doing so well. In the ballpark of I can definitely live with this, sleeping better, positive thoughts...

Then, at work the other day, I was receiving a shipment of goods. They came on EUR pallets, and if you've been around those things, you know they can make a real racket. Especially if they land on another pallet. So I'm very careful handling them.

This delivery guy, however, just drops one of the pallets right on top of the other, and it makes an almighty WHACK with me just a few feet away. The other delivery guy doesn't even flinch. I feel numb around the ears and jaw.

Then and there I think it's just anxiety, that I'm very sensitive to noise right now and would perceive this noise as way louder than another person. But I can definitely tell the difference in my T at night and in quiet places. Hope it'll settle down again soon. Surely, even if it was loud, I don't really think this was a ear damage incident. I'm hoping it's more like this stressed the hell out of me, thus aggravating my T.

What are people's experiences with situations like this?

2. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      It going to feel better tomorrow when you wake up :)

3. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Every so often, these unexpected loud noises happen. Every time I feel anxious and annoyed. Every time, I eventually forget about it until the next time. I think the key thing is to try to remain calm, but I'm not very good at that. Not likely to damage any hearing.

• Agree Agree x 2