Spike After Wedding

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ross McLauchlan, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ross McLauchlan

Ross McLauchlan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      16/04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced due to music production and motorbikes.
      Hey,

I've had tinnitus for around 3 months and until last Saturday I'd say I was coping fairly well.

I attended a wedding and was a guest all day. Despite wearing earplugs at the event, I did immerse myself in a very loud atmosphere for around 9 or so hours, with breaks outside, etc. I also drank a horrendous amount of alcohol. However, I never once felt it too loud for my ears.

I woke up fine the next day, even had a bit of silence for about 10mins. Fast forward 4 days and I now have pretty severe high pitched hissing tinnitus prevalent all over my head that is keeping me from sleep and is not very easily masked by everyday sounds. I also seem to have acquired tinnitus in my left ear, where it was previously only apparent in my right ear.

Could be a spike but feels unlikely. I feel like I've undone quite a lot of recovery and ultimately landed myself right back at square one.

My point here is not to dwell, but to advise caution to those making progress - take care at loud events, the signs of damage do not always appear instantly.

When I first acquired tinnitus I didn't think I'd sleep again, but after a month or so I was sleeping unaided and quite peacefully. In time I hope to be getting back to the good progress I was making.

Good luck to you all. Take care,

Ross

• Hug Hug x 5