Spike and New Symptoms After 4 Years!

Discussion in 'Support' started by BobDigi, Jun 29, 2018.

1. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      So I've habituated to very loud tinnitus in my left ear. It took me about a year. That was around 3 years ago.

I thought how lucky I was to habituated so easily despite the t being like a loud screech the volume of conversation.

But the last 2 weeks has dragged me down. I have what I think is MEM or something. A random vibration and flutter in my left ear. And now tinnitus in the right ear for the first time ever! Plus a pretty big spike. The biggest and longest I've ever had.

I haven't had trauma to my my ear, no loud noise, no change in diet etc. Stress levels were OK.
      I'm taking mirtazapine and have been for about 4 months or so. But nothing obvious has happened so why the fuck has this happened? I don't get how things can be so consistent for 4 years and then go fucked up!

I'm a pretty positive person generally, but my ears are putting this to the test lately. I just wanted to vent a little and

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Jantine

Jantine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I’m so sorry! I’m also doing bad the past week after 6 months of habituation.

3. BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      one thing you can try is to try and eliminate high salicylate and sulphur based foods and i think this may only be the case for we folks who think our T was caused by an ototoxic mediations. For example, if i eat food that contains honey, cinammon, taurine (red bull), tumeric ect, my T spikes big time and also i'm reading that salicylates can build up over a few days and therefore there may be a delay in cause and effect perception of what is causing what.

• Like Like x 1
    4. daiso

daiso Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @BobDigi @Jantine If you don't mind me asking, how would you explain your state of habituation before it got worse? Was it that you just dont notice it unless you listen for it? or was it loud but you're can jsut ignore it without too much emotion? and do you think you "lost" your habituation in current state? and if so, what aspects of T are different now than from before?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Well before it got worse I was habituated to the point I rarely thought about it. And when I did it was fleeting. I thought about it everyday, but with hardly any emotion towards it.
      It's was loud and unmaskable. So I can't help but think about it. It's a high pitch screech about the volume of a loud TV. But when it came to my attention I knew I would eventually stop thinking about it, so it didn't bother me.
      And no I haven't lost my habituation in my current state. It's put me back a few steps. And the fluttering/vibrating is new so it worries me what is going on.
      But despite a loud spike, t in my right ear now, and the fluttering/vibrating, I'm coping pretty well now.
      The, what I think is MEM is irritating, but throughout the day when busy I don't get too bothered by it. And the even louder t is something I know I will habituate too again. I have no choice!
      It's the fear of losing my hearing that bothers me the most. Or that my T seems so much worse than others I have spoke too. And that it may continue to get louder. But I know there's little point worrying about something that might not happen. So I don't allow my mind to go there for too long.

6. daiso

daiso Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @BobDigi So you can hear your ringing while watching TV and still manage to be not bothered? I too have vibration sensation along with ringing in my left ear, and the vibration sensation is way more bothering than the ringing. My perception of the vibration increases with ambient noises such as fan noise, AC noise. Even TV sounds makes it stand out and strains my ear that I rarely watch TV any more.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes it's way louder than the TV. I always get a little jealous when people say they can mask it with a TV or radio. Because it highlights to myself how much louder mine is than the majority of others.
      The vibration is definitely more annoying. Às i also can feel it. It's also pretty random. Although I have noticed a correlation between yawning and it starting. Also mornings seem to be worse.