ssssssss.......sssssss.s..ssss...ssss..ss.s.ssssss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Constable85, Oct 31, 2015.

1. I hate that little hiss. Mine is pretty tame but not so tame that I don't notice it throughout the day. If I listen for it I can always hear that little ssssssss..s.sss.s..sssss....sssssssssss.ssss and of course it's not steady, more of a random hiss, in and out. I've been "aware" that it's a condition since early 2015 but I've had the tone and this forever. Not sure if it got worse or if I just finally noticed it out of being alone and bored. I deal with it okay but now and then it just gets on my nerves. I wish I could just poke a fork in my ear and put out the flickering fuse. Maybe someday medicine will essentially let me do that. In the meantime I just try my best to forget about it. I used to write it off to the sound of lights around me or computers etc. I try to do that now too just for the mental relief when I start to focus on it. Anyway, just venting. My continuing best to all of you of course, my brethren in hiss and tones.

2. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi @Constable85 ... In sorry you are feeling this way... I do understand .. But you are doing the right think to try not to focus on it... That's all we can do... Keep the positive attitude towards t and do not let I become your main focus and things will improve.... I was not a believer that things could get better with t.. But after 8 long months of suffering I can say things do get better.... I hope you start feeling better soon... Another important thing... Keep busy and motivated... Go out have fun.... It's the best to distract yourself from it.... God bless you... Love, Rina.

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Absolutely hate that sizzling chips frying sssssss noise:(

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Constable85
      Balanced

Constable85 Member Benefactor

You and me both. You have it to I take it? Does yours seem to get worse when around a white noise/air conditioner type noise? Mine does.

5. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      I'd like to put a firecracker in my ear, light it and blow the little f...ker from here to Hell!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AnnieM
      Stressed

AnnieM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PROBABLY long term exposure to the sound of motors/blowers
      That's one of the noises I hear, though I've always thought of it more like the old static one used to get with television sets (dating myself here, no young'un today would know what that sounds like with cable and hi-def tvs). I'm hearing that one right now, but I gotta admit it's one of the lesser evil sounds I hear. If I HAD to be stuck with a noise for the rest of my life, this one would be sort of acceptable...

This is not to negate its impact on anyone else. I've had this blasted thing for over five years now and if I woke up one morning with it completely gone I don't know WHAT I'd do to celebrate :D It's just that it still amazes me how varied this annoying thing can be from person to person.

7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I agree, @AnnieM,

My hissing sounds just like an old "test pattern" from the old TV sets. I can put it out of my mind when I'm really busy, but it's always there to remind me that my ear isn't really normal. It can truly be annoying, but we must be strong, and try to live with it the best we can, until the day that someone comes up with a cure.

Stay strong, everyone!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Yes it reacts with other sounds:(
      Hell!

9. AnnieM
      Stressed

AnnieM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PROBABLY long term exposure to the sound of motors/blowers
      Same here. The longer I have it, the more reactive it seems to get.

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don't do it!

11. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Yes, mine is reactive to other noises, too. We all must have a similar type of tinnitus. Wish we could figure out what to do about it!

12. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      • Like Like x 1