Starting to Panic Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sgguy46, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Been dealing with this for five months now. Got to a point where i thought i am no longer reacting to it. My T is a high pitched 13khz electrical buzz inside my head. Today woke up to sudden hypersensitivity to sound. Body feel rattled. Inside i am screaming for help. I thought i have made progress. I want to be strong for my family. I feel weak. I lost interest in everything. I just want to sleep. Has anyone else been here? How do i get out of this?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Markku wrote about the 7 stages of tinnitus. Been thru stage 1 to 4. Thought i was in 5 but last two days seems to have regressed to stage 4 again. It is so depressing to know there is no escaping this alien sound in my head.

1) shock and denial - who can go to sleep with this ringing in my ears. this is abnormal and i now try to sleep it off, tomorrow is a new day and by then it's gone.
      2) pain and guilt - it doesn't seem to go away. why I did this or that, could I have avoided it all.
      3) anger and bargaining, including emotional outbursts that can permanently damage relationships and attempts to bargain with a higher power for relief from the emotional pain - you my friend don't fully understand! my ears ring and whoosh and I can't do anything or cope. you have no idea! life is a living hell! please leave me alone. i won't ever forgive myself for probably causing my ears to ring permanently!
      4) depression and loneliness - my life sucks. nobody wants to even see me anymore. i'm worthless as it is.
      5) upward turn - slowly but surely habituation happens, and life starts to get more positive notes.
      6) reconstruction of life with tinnitus - things improve even further, concentration gets better, ability to work or study improves, social relationships are rebuilt if previously lost, etc.
      7) acceptance and hope - it's not the end of the world. there are other things in life worth clinging to. i hope for a remedy, working treatment very much, but as is tinnitus no longer occupies my mind 24/7, and i can again function.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sgguy46,
      Im sorry to hear your feeling really down with your tinnitus.
      I totally understand and the feelings are tough going and makes it harder cope with the tinnitus sound itself.

we are all only a click away on here and im happy talk with you if In the UK anytime ..... x

Tinnitus and the unwanted emotions can soon make you loose confidence in your self and the big wide world feels like everything is closing in on you and no way to turn.
      You will get through this I promise you.
      Are you on any medication or having any counselling to help you ? .....lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @glynis i am on prozac for depression. Everyone says it will get better. I could not even enjoy dinner with my wife yesterday at a restaurant. I don't feel normal. I want to be normal again. I want to learn how to be normal with this condition. How do people like David letterman do it? He looks normal.

5. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      In time you will notice you will get good days and bad days with your tinnitus but you will get to where it doesn't bother you as much .
      When your not depressed as much and start to feel happy again you will notice you don't give your tinnitus sound the time of day and just ignore it .
      We cannot control tinnitus but we have total control over how we live our life and find out what makes us happy .
      When our ears are loud and we feel low this is when we push as hard as we can to enjoy the day and say to yourself " how can I turn this bad day around to enjoy it and make the day go faster ".
      Keep working hard on that and push hard be happy.
      Got go work now but will come on here to you about tea time .....take care for now and chat later....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Sgguy46,
      Is there any room for improvement in increasing your dose of AD's....lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @glynis .... i have to ask my doctor. Living inside this noisy head is challenging.

8. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      What have you been up to today ? ....lots of love glynis

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member