Announcement Changes in Tinnitus Hub Management

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Tinnitus Talk, Jan 27, 2019.

1. A message from @Steve:

Hi everyone,

Just a note to say that I'm stepping down as Director of Tinnitus Hub, effective by the end of March. My normal work has just become too busy for me to be able to keep acting in the role, which needs more time and attention than I am able to give.

I’m still going to be giving in my free time and doing things to help raise awareness and promote research.

Hazel will be officially joining and assuming the role of Director when I step down, so the management team moving forward will be her and Markku.

We’ve managed to achieve some great things over the years, I’m sure that will continue.

Steve

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      @Steve we are very sorry to see you go, though of course hoping it's not really goodbye, just See You Later, and not much will change!

Indeed, many great things were achieved by you and Markku, long before I was even in the picture (i.e. when I had barely even heard about tinnitus ;)).

You guys built a kingdom together, and I will do my best, together with @Markku, to keep it not just alive but thriving and growing!

I hope the community will join me in expressing our gratitude and appreciation!!!

:thankyousign:

• Winner Winner x 4
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I am grateful for the years we have shared together, from the moment Steve joined back in April 2013, now culminating into this almost 6 years later - and continuing into the future. That is not an insignificant amount of time to dedicate to a volunteering-based project like Steve has done here. The number of hours Steve has spent on this cause runs into the thousands, and more. It should humble everyone. And I hope Steve's example from the last 6 years gives someone else in this community the drive to join our cause and become an integral part of the work we do.

Over the past year, Steve's day job has indeed become even busier than before. Therefore, stepping down from the official position makes sense, and gives him some breathing room.

On the upside, Steve will never be able to close the books on us - 6 years, the memories, the projects, the conferences, the contacts we have developed - while I will continue to direct that work with our lovely @Hazel, I also foresee Steve giving a helping hand whenever he only is able.

No need for goodbyes or good lucks. This isn't the end of anything, just a small adjustment in the grand scheme of things.

(y)

• Winner Winner x 4
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Steve,
      You are such a fantastic person and I'm privileged to have met you in person, and you give great hugs too!

Everything you have done for Tinnitus Hub and Tinnitus Talk is outstanding including your travels with @David to conferences around the world.

You and @Markku should be so proud of yourselves and I'm sure your friendship will remain strong and you should pop on when you can.

I hope we do meet again.

@Hazel has worked endlessly since her time on Tinnitus Talk and I know you have left us all in good hands.

Good luck with your career and I know you will always have tinnitus sufferers in your heart and that you will promote awareness whenever you can.

love you lots,
      glynis

• Winner Winner x 2
    5. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      You and Markku are amazing, good luck with your normal day work.

6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for all your hard work over the years Steve!

7. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      Hi Steve!

I refuse to think that this is a definitive goodbye or farewell. But I respect your decision and I want to say thank you! It's needless to say that what you and Markku have achieved is something quite amazing. (y) I know I hardly managed to keep up with the many projects you guys were running for 1 year when I was a very active member here. It's astonishing you have managed to keep this up for full 6 years, alongside of your work and private life. I hope that this is not the last we see of you. :)

• Hug Hug x 1