Still Trying to Solve My Tinnitus 7 Years Later, This Time with Neck Surgery

Discussion in 'Support' started by luckyman316, Aug 24, 2020.

1. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      This year will mark the 7th year I have had tinnitus. I've recently learned this year that my neck has 4 herniated discs. Some worse then others. When this all started, it started with clear cut signs of neck issues (typical arm and shoulder pain) which I had no idea were neck issues.

I've actually been through my first ever major surgery this year 3 weeks ago with the first neck surgery. No improvement to my tinnitus but my spinal cord was definitely being compressed, so I thought it was this contributing to it. They only took care of 2 levels in my neck so they have 2 more to go, and since they are upper cervical, I believe this is where the culprit is.

I already tried getting a tooth removed early this year, since it was the molar that started with the tinnitus and jaw clenching at the same time after a root canal. That was done, jaw clenching is still there, I am now missing a tooth and no improvement to tinnitus. I continue to search for answers... 7 years later.

For those who suffer just as long as I do, hang in there. For those new to it, the tinnitus in fact DOES get better once it starts to become chronic.

Anyway, figured I'd update most, since it's been a while from what I last posted here. Keep up the faith that there is an end to this suffering!

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      @luckyman316, hi, how are things? I also developed tinnitus after I herniated a disc in my neck which resulted in cord compression.

What kind of surgery did you have done? Any resolution in tinnitus after the second surgery?

I hope you are well.