Stress, Anxiety, Depression & Tinnitus... Total Bedfellows!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Heather415, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Heather415
      Badass

Heather415 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I know most reported cases of T involve some form of exposure - to loud noises or music, antibiotics, over the counter drugs. Let me state that first and foremost, there usually is a definitive culprit to this potentially debilitating issue.
      I'm only a little over a month into my T. I'm beginning to realize that for those of us - me included - that have stated are causes for T as "Unknown" may already have preexisting problems with anxiety, stress and depression. I'm no Dr., just a woman in Cali, but my loved one and I BOTH have T and both have deep and puncturing points of stress in our lives. Until now, we thought we could handle our lives without any 'outside' help or support system, meanwhile the drama of life kept piling on the adversity; sick family members, job losses, mortgages, weddings, funerals, you name it.
      I'm beginning to believe that our T is almost a physical manifestation of our mental state, an entity totally fed by our inability to admit we need help from others…we need each other. I believe this and many other forums and groups will be the key to our cure. If you don't have a support system, Please, please, please…find one! Reach out to us here, reach out to your closest, don't push people away, don't isolate yourself!!! I'm fortunate that this same most cherished loved one also has T…he didn't even tell me and he's been living with it for YEARS. I had no idea!!! It wasn't until I woke up 1 morning with the wailing and was clearly struggling hard with it, that he confessed about his struggle with it. I think he never told me he has T because talking about it with someone who doesn't have it is like asking a dentist about your foot problem. Also, focusing on it unnecessarily gives it power, a hold on your life that it shouldn't have…oh, he's my hero, he really is. Suddenly I didn't feel so panicked, so alone. All it took was 1 person to tell me "I understand. I'm so sorry. Be strong, I need you to be strong. I Love you." And guess what? After realizing I'm not alone, the T went from a wail to a whisper, not because its gone, but because I choose not to listen.
      So, I'm returning the blessing I have been given…
      "T community: I UNDERSTAND. I'M SO SORRY THIS IS HAPPENING TO YOU. BE STRONG FOR US, BUT MOSTLY FOR YOURSELF. FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED SOMEONE, I CARE FOR YOU ALL. I TRULY DO. LOVE, RESPECT, DIGNITY AND HEALTH TO US ALL."

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      I have had Tinnitus since I was a teenager. Never bothered me.

Then I had my first little lovely boy. Lovely and handsome kid, with autism "problem". The first years it was a nightmare, because I was thinking all of the time if he would ever talk to me, or feel me, or communicating with me in any form, days and days with doctors, therapists. One day, Tinnitus just started to be a very big problem to me.

I'm now much much better, maybe 90% habituated, but it only happened when I started to take care of my anxiety, stress and depression that my Tinnitus (an other health problems) started to improve.

My kid is now 5 years old, goes to school with all the other kids, and i love that. Everytime I see him happy with his little friends my T is just not big problem.

I agree with you.

Take Care,

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Heather415
      Badass

Heather415 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Aww, that's so beautiful. I'm so happy to hear that you and your little guy are striving! Thanks for the kind words and support. I don't know if I sound like I'm totally full of it or not, but I truly believe the mind leads and the body follows in the case of how deep T effects the life. Keep on staying strong and thriving for yourself and your boy!(y)

4. Thati Moreira

Thati Moreira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Hey Heather, your story is so much like mine! Funny how our bodies are trying to help us: "hey, you have achieve your mx. Please slow down."