Stress

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rob irwin, Nov 22, 2016.

1. rob irwin

rob irwin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hi, I have been having ringing in my ear for nearly 2 years. For a long time it got me seriously down with stress and anxiety, lack of sleep. It overtook my life and almost cost me my job. These days I try hard not to let it get to me. I suffered moderate hearing loss wearing a headset 10 hours a day every day at work. I could live with the hearing loss and ear pain but the tinnitus is the worst of it. I felt uncomfortable going to my doctor about it, hearing noises is not normal.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @rob irwin If you are still wearing a headset as part of your job then this is the likely cause for the tinnitus, and it could make it worse. I have spoken to many people that wear headsets as part of their job who have developed tinnitus. The only cure is to not wear a headset. This is one of the reasons, I advise people that have tinnitus, not use headphones even at low volume.
      Michael

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rob irwin

rob irwin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Hi michael. I have recently come off the headset as I was advised I could end up going deaf. Your right even wearing headphones for a short time causes so many problems.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Rob,@rob irwin Many people do not believe that headphones can make tinnitus worse but you are doing the right thing by not using them. Hopefully, your tinnitus will improve. Click on the link below as the information might help you.
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/an-introduction-to-tinnitus.12100/

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rob irwin

rob irwin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      Thank you

6. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Rob,

Welcome to the site.

One thing you may wish to consult is either your company's employee handbook or even someone from HR regarding occupational safety. You may also want to reach out to a lawyer for an initial consultation (which should be free) for some leverage. Good luck!