Struggling All Over Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hezsam, May 20, 2016.

1. Hezsam

Hezsam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi Everyone

I'm Andy, I have had T for over 3 years. I'm a musician (amateur) and I got T from exposure to loud music (no ear protection) on stage. The first year was horrendous!! Didn’t know if I could live on with this, but I did, I habituated and have had 2 years of peace from T, it never went or lowered in volume but it just didn’t bother me. Unfortunately, I’m suffering again, for the last 2 weeks I’ve been a mess again, loud high scream to the left ear! I was at band practice and at the end of the night I noticed that my ear bud was on the floor!!, I can’t believe that I didn’t notice it, (what an idiot I know !!). Anyway its been up and down since then and now its pretty loud, all that hard work I done has been ruined.

What I asking is, do you think I can get back to being habituated? Am I the only fool to do this.

Is habituation any easier the second time round?

I’m in a mess all over again and I don’t know where the strength will come from to fight it all over again.

Please help ;)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Yes, there's simply no other option. Over time the spike will either fade or you will adapt. How long this will take is very different for everyone. Give it time..

Nope, many people get either complacent or just have bad luck, like you did. Don't beat yourself up over it.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hezsam

Hezsam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thanks Sebastians, Im gutted that Ive done this to myself all over aagain .

4. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      I understand, it's not easy mate. But you got to be strong and treat yoursef well now.
      I'd double up for rehearsals, use muffs over earplugs. Who cares what you look like at the rehearsal room!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hezsam

Hezsam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      True!, I will try that thanks

6. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      I'm also going through a spike, probably caused by noise exposure, and it's rubbish having to habituate again. But looking at this forum this seems to be a really common experience, so you're definitely not alone. If the brain can habituate once, it can do it again. Don't worry :)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hezsam

Hezsam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Cheers Irene

8. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      Andy, I hope you will consider that a portion of your spike may be from the anxiety of your ear bud falling out, and not from any actual damage having occurred. Once we get nervous about these things, it does take awhile for them to settle out again. My thoughts are with you, hang in there and move forward with the confidence of your prior habituation and hard work. Best, Trebor

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hezsam

Hezsam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thanks for the support Engineer, Im feeeling 30% better than last week :)

• Like Like x 1