Stumbled in Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gary charlton, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Gary charlton

Gary charlton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of motorcycle racing
      I am new to this forum. I have had a constant ringing in my ears for over 20 years now. I have gotten used to it and have just accepted that it is there and not going away. I ran across a youtube ad that claimed they had a cure. I searched the Web to see if it was real or a scam then noticed a forum exists for people to discuss tinnitus. So here I am.
      Thanks, Gary Charlton.

2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi Gary

Welcome to the forum...how would you describe your life with tinnitus, what impact has it had over the years?

More research is being done on the brain as its believed it's a neurological condition where neurons become hyperactive. As for treatments don't believe much progress has taken place, other than wearable noise generators, hearing aids, sound generators etc.

Take care

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Gary charlton . There is no known cure for tinnitus. If you hear someone say there is a cure for tinnitus or see an advert telling you there is a cure Then this forum wouldn't exist.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus talk Gary.
      I have had progress in stopping head tinnitus and low drone tinnitus with nortryptaline but still have high pitch in both ears but come down a notch

...lots of love glynis

5. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Gary,

Welcome to the site!

As mentioned, there is nothing officially endorsed by the FDA to unequivocally cure tinnitus. This is pretty much the generic response you will get from your friendly neighborhood ENT.

As for the "cures" you find online, they are by and large phony products promulgated by charletons looking to take advantage of someone's desperate plea for help. In my view, this is the lowest form of humanity.

In terms of what may help, some people try B12/Gingko, acupuncture, yoga, exercise, herbs, and other therapies (including drinking booze). Good luck!

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @glynis Hi Glynis. Hope you are well... did the nortryptaline took away the hum/drone sounds you had??