Success Stories That Keeps Me with Hope :)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mario martz, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Julian is a god in my opinion,blown his hearing out so many times,got T numerous times along with H and managed to get rid of it everytime?Amazing stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    3. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had one session with him . It was excellent .

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Julian??? :O

5. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah it was over skype

• Like Like x 2
    6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      He's some guy I'll give him that,gets his ears blown out numerous times only to make his T and H disappear!Funny thing is when you develop T and H not one doctor in this world ever mentions him?Nope they either tell you to suck it or try and sell you some ridiculously overpriced not proven to work TRT or Neuromonics bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
    8. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I can't hear the video due to a condition I have called Tinnitus :ROFL:, is he saying that Craniosacral therapy or Chi Kung primarily helped?

9. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Craniosacral therapy.
      He recommends it for T and H. Even in case of noise-induced T (not somatic T) he states that it can help.

• Informative Informative x 2
    10. aniketpatil
      Balanced

aniketpatil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I talked with him in the beginning stages of my T when i was in total panic. After talking with him, i got much relaxed . Well the reason i got relaxed was that concept of T that was in my brain was pretty bad , i was considering it curse. Instantly i was out of depression when i was told that you can ramp down your T. This is what first person should hear than listening from doctors that there is no cure and learn to live with it. I cant afford to pay for his next sessions so haven't done over Skype.

11. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @matt89 have you done cranio therapy? Bc I have. 3 sessions but its didnt help. Theguy only help my head for 1 hours and I paid 75€. I had 5 sessions

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Im in the 4th Session, and i have feel a certain relief,
      4th session was great for me.
      my therapist told me that he had a case of tinnitus due to meniere
      and that this lady had a total remission.

13. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      My T and H are noise induced but is somatic also I.e clenching my jaw changes pitch and volume.So does that mean none of this will work for me?

14. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The jaw clenching is pretty usual in many cases of noise-induced T. Every noise-induced T is a bit somatic, means you can regulate it with head, jaw or neck movements.
      Have noise-induced T too and can regulate it.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yes it can work in both cases.

16. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      My H affects my Jaw muscles directly!Im only realising that now after watching Julian's videos lol.I get this tightness over my head from sound,when a sound happens around me I can feel my jaw and head tightening all by itself?Mine is deeply somatic I think:(

17. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have noise induced T and I cannot manipulate or change it by any kind of head/jaw movement. I had 5 sessions of cranio therapy but nothing changed

18. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @bill 112 but I definitely think that you should give it a try if you can afford it. it is deeply relaxing and maybe it helps with your T as well

19. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm going to Zora:)I always wondered why I experienced this head pain after sound,my Doctor put it down to stress but it looks like he was wrong.After a sudden bang my head goes tight and painful,also my jaw cracks like crazy after a sudden sound too?Any ideas?

20. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I dont have an Idea, but in that case I really think that a cranio therapist is the right one for you :)

here in Germany becoming a cranio therapist is very hard and takes long. they know a lot about psychology and medicine and anatomy. they feel your skull and maybe one of the skullplates isnt at the right place. Everything is connected to the jaw as well..anyways I wish you all the best!

As we say here in Germany "I press my thumbs for you" (instead of "I cross my fingers" Funny isnt it?!? :D lol)
      Please let us know how it goes.

Lots of love:huganimation:

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      You should try it bill, my T isnt somatic...or i dont know i think i can manipulate it.
      but i have found relief in craneosacral.
      julian had both noise induced (or noise trauma with hear loss) and stress induced.

22. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm sitting in my car here waiting for my mother,she's in getting tablets or something don't ask lol
      I have the window down listening to the traffic and my head is getting tighter and tighter and more painful,now my jaw feels like it's been punched as some guy with squeely brakes parked beside me.Im completely relaxed it just does it by itself,it's completely automatic!The pain centres at the back of my head,it's like trigeminal neuralgia that's the only way I can describe it and that's where I hear my T noise also!I have experienced this pain before but never knew what it was,a hot relaxing bath use to make it go away but now it's chronic:(Haha thanks Zora I press my thumbs for you too:)

Attached Files:

23. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @bill 112 Julian has an entire series of videos accessible on youtube. They are SO worth watching. Just watching them has a stress-relieving effect and there is a lot of wisdom. He characterizes tinnitus as something that comes from a sort of pre-primed nervous system. Like, a high-strung person is more susceptible, and as life stress builds up, in some people, it comes out as tinnitus (meaning that the acoustic event just kind of trips the lever on a huge pile of somatic stress that is already there). So, Julian recommends the craniosacral therapy or something else to relieve/release (yes, it sounds esoteric, but sure! We ARE spirits as well as bodies!) the electrical "energy," as well as a body-based practice (like what you're about to do) to focus the brain's attention on your body and not your tinnitus. This is how he theorizes that the brain re-plasticizes and the tinnitus is "let go ... " :) I believe in his idea!

• Like Like x 1
    24. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hahah guess what I was doing when you sent me this message?Yup you guessed it;)He's an interesting man I'll give him that,I'm trying to figure out if what he preaches is basically another interpretation of the Jastreboff model or is it something else?I don't believe in the Jastreboff model at all as it has only failed me and worsened my condition.Im going to keep watching them and see what conclusion I can come too,I'm lying in bed now and his voice is relaxing and putting me to sleep lol

25. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Yes, he IS relaxing! I don't get a Jastreboff read from him. I don't much like that model either. I see Julian as someone who took his own journey for years, lived and suffered, then somehow made his way out, his own way, and then became very motivated to help others. I believe he is extremely genuine and straightforward. I believe that some people CAN benefit from what he talks about. It is not an easy fix, which is why I say "some." The treatment approaches that are pill-less and require time and patience require a good amount of work from the person. Like what you are going to do. I say: GOING TO DO. Because I know you can do it. :D

• Like Like x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yes! my craneo therapist told me that this practice helps the system settle and work properly
      this is why it can be really helpful for tinnitus..
      i found this article long ago, it had nothing to do with julian cowan hill....
      http://www.posturedynamics.co.uk/ne...nnitus-joint-pain-sleep-apnoea-lack-appetite/

• Like Like x 1
    27. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Interesting articles on there, @Mario martz ! Thank you! :)

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm unfortunately well experienced in T and habituation,I know only too well what it means to be fully habituated to T,a thing a lot of people aim for.When I got T in 2011 I fully habituated to it.Then in 2012 when new noises came along I fully habituated again.Then 2 years later the noise incident happened and again I habituated to my T but of course H had showed up too making things much harder.Ive successfully habituated numerous times and I mean fully habituated to the point where I didn't notice my T from morning to night,it literally never crossed my mind only when in noisier environments and I'd think"ohh I don't want to aggravate it so I better leave"other than that it never crossed my mind.I know only too well what Julian talks of,the whole panic when T ramps up and of course the panic feeding the volume.Once you relax a little it usually drops down a bit.What Julian teaches is habituation techniques and very successful ones at that,I've basically self thought myself these techniques over the years so I'm familiar with everything he's talking about.What Julian says about the nervous system is very close to the Jastreboff theory which concerns me,simply because it's wrong.Also when he says he doesn't have it anymore I don't think he means directly it's gone but more so that he doesn't give it his attention anymore I.e he's habituated to it and this can be seen by his video titles,they're all about distraction and relaxing.My conclusion is that yes Julian is a very nice guy but what he's teaching are coping skills for habituation and not a scientific confirmation of Tinnitus and how to permanently make it disappear.Obviously he can't 100% conclude that what he says is fact as well let's be honest nothing is really known about T and its origins,his theory and methods are as good as any really.It works for him and obviously countless others but in my opinion these are only tools to habituation not a cure.Im using his advice daily now,about relaxing the nervous system and detuning from my ears but in all honesty it doesn't work.Today I completely relaxed myself,didn't think too much about my ears and went into town to do my business.Quiet a noisy town but I payed no attention to it and yes I did feel good I will admit that.But and its a big but upon returning home I was of course in pain and my ears were going crazy,I wasn't even paying any attention to them but regardless of what I did they made their presence known.Ill continue this method for now but I haven't got high hopes,I pretty much know what to expect,I'm only too experienced at this game by now.I start cranial therapy next week,a short trial as my expectations are quite low.Chi-Kung has my attention more at this time as its about healing and regeneration and not relaxing,it's something different.I have no problem directing attention from my symptoms and relaxing,but they always push their ugly heads in regardless so relaxing isn't my problem making Julian's videos interesting but not anything I didn't know already.Thats my views on it anyway,how's the cranial work going Mario?

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      You have a good point,
      Julians videos are meant to give people with t some excersices to refocus your attention away tinnitus (habituation).
      hes practice... its another story craneosacral work is not shown in his videos thats what he charges for, thats what he claims that really helped his tinnitus back off, in other videos he says that he is T free, but it didnt dissapear after one sessions, and tinnitus came back a few times, and then finally dissapear, he even says that when he has a cold/flu tinnitus returns in a super mild way and then it dissapears again.
      to be honest i think craneosacral therapy/tai chi / chi kung etc.
      are different paths but its body based work that makes your body function properly.
      cranial work has work for me, i have had great days due to this practice, but i dont think its a quick fix.
      well have too see and wait hopefully :)