Suddenly, Continuous Beep After Any Loud Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by frohike, Jul 3, 2017.

1. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Suddenly I heard a beep anytime there is a loud noise, for instance, flushing the toilet triggers it. What is this?

It started half an hour ago. I was playing a shooter online which gets me stressed, and noticed tinnitus being the loudest it has ever been. I got scared, and noticed a beep in the background. Found out any loud noise triggers it. The beep lasts exactly as long as the loud noise.

In case it is related, I also suffer bruxism and for a few days my jaw has been more tense than usual. Sounds familiar?

As usual when I get worse I get scared, and get catastrophic thinking on the background of my mind, like I may not be able to sleep or work anymore. Being realistic, I guess I will still be able to sleep as it is now. But that beep has me worried.

Does this thing has a name? In any case thanks for listening.

2. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      I get a whistling noise when I hear light noises. I've heard it called reactive T, hearing distortion and recruitment before

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      The beep went away after a few hours I think. Still anxious about the spike but manageable. Mysteries of Tinnitus I guess.