Suffered From GAD for Years and Now Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by THOPE, Apr 12, 2013.

1. THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      During the most stressful time in my life about 18 months ago, I woke up with this loud ringing in my ears. I was already being switched from Lexapro to Zoloft and was taking Ambien CR at night trying various ED drugs. Either the stress or the drugs brought it on and I have tried numerous herbal supplements and vitamins and accupuncture. I can say that some days the pitch is not as high and that is a blessing on days like today where nothing covers the pitch my flight or fight response stays on and I am pretty much toast by the end of the work day. Going through a divorce, Father passed away. So I have been through the why question, the blaming my self period and the numerous hours trying to figure out the source. I think the loss of just quiet that I enjoyed so much is what I miss the most. Just trying to see how this gets better. It does not seem possible that I could manage my Tinnitus but it certainly manages me. Have read book after book about it.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Do you currently take any antidepressants?

Sometimes the tinnitus disappears once they are stopped. Other times not... :(

Do you have hearing loss? If yes, have you tried hearing aids?

I can imagine it being difficult with the other stress-causing things in your life in addition to tinnitus, but there are so many living examples here that it's very much possible to get on with life & ultimately be again content with life and happy. Even if the noises didn't go away.

Stay strong! ...and welcome to Tinnitus Talk.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      I did stop the antidepressant thinking it would help for a few months, but the tinnitus stayed and the anxiety came back worse than before.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      I have 20% hearing loss at the high range and nobody has been able to explain how hearing aids would help my tinnitus.