Suffered From GAD for Years and Now Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by THOPE, Apr 12, 2013.

1. THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      During the most stressful time in my life about 18 months ago, I woke up with this loud ringing in my ears. I was already being switched from Lexapro to Zoloft and was taking Ambien CR at night trying various ED drugs. Either the stress or the drugs brought it on and I have tried numerous herbal supplements and vitamins and accupuncture. I can say that some days the pitch is not as high and that is a blessing on days like today where nothing covers the pitch my flight or fight response stays on and I am pretty much toast by the end of the work day. Going through a divorce, Father passed away. So I have been through the why question, the blaming my self period and the numerous hours trying to figure out the source. I think the loss of just quiet that I enjoyed so much is what I miss the most. Just trying to see how this gets better. It does not seem possible that I could manage my Tinnitus but it certainly manages me. Have read book after book about it.

2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Do you currently take any antidepressants?

Sometimes the tinnitus disappears once they are stopped. Other times not... :(

Do you have hearing loss? If yes, have you tried hearing aids?

I can imagine it being difficult with the other stress-causing things in your life in addition to tinnitus, but there are so many living examples here that it's very much possible to get on with life & ultimately be again content with life and happy. Even if the noises didn't go away.

Stay strong! ...and welcome to Tinnitus Talk.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      I did stop the antidepressant thinking it would help for a few months, but the tinnitus stayed and the anxiety came back worse than before.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      THOPE

THOPE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      I have 20% hearing loss at the high range and nobody has been able to explain how hearing aids would help my tinnitus.