Super High Loud New Pitch After the Night. Please Help — I'm So Scared :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by aiste, Feb 24, 2018.

1. aiste

aiste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Super high loud new pitch after the night. Please help! I’m so scared :(

I've had tinnitus for more than a year but recently it changes almost every day by getting worse :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. astronomer
      Spaced

astronomer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced ( factory/rock band )
      hi,
      sounds like a spike which I had for a few weeks after a pretty normal year of low hissing, it scares you at first but it does change as time goes by, I know that feeling, hang in there and stay positive !

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @aiste Try folding a small pillow under the back of your neck for support and switch sleeping sides a few times during the night. Maintain good posture without long periods ( 5 minutes or more) of very extended forward neck bending.

If your tinnitus drops by the slightest bit for a few minutes by taking one B12 vitamin then it's probably joints in neck or jaw. I don't recommend taking prednisone for this, but one tablet and getting relief would also point to stressed neck joints.

Have someone gently manage your lower back and shoulders as beginning testing therapy. If any of this makes a difference then consider a simple X ray of your neck. This may show that your cervical spine has strengthen. If so, then a cervical pillow and light pressure therapy against the back of neck may help correct this. Please research this procedure beforehand. A folded towel is often used. Try to notice if you clench teeth as that can also relate to the upper part of the cervical spine.

4. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Aiste, I've been where you are but things are calming down & hopefully they'll calm down for you as well. In the meantime, try not to over mask your tinnitus with volume as that itself could cause a spike. Keep us posted.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you taken any pills that might be ototoxic?

Have you been exposed to a loud noise? Have you been to a dentist?

You will want to use sound enrichment when you try to get to sleep.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aiste

aiste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you so much for all the messages!
      I already feel better just reading this and seeing that someone understand how I feel.
      I am a musician ( or was) because I stopped playing for a while.
      I assume my tinnitus was work damage ( by playing in the symphony orchestra)
      Anyway One year past by and I was already feeling so much better. But... couple months ago I just woke middle of the night. With maybe three new sounds. Just like that. I was not exposed to a loud music, no dentist, nothing, well just a stress. I also became a mother recently.
      So my nights are quite short. I have to feed my baby many times. And my tinnitus just getting worse. It vicious circle :(
      But maybe it could be related to my neck, as I cary my daughter during the day, and she’s getting more and more heavy.
      Again, thank you so much for your help

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you seen
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/pathogenesis-of-tinnitus.27165/

Lack of sleep is a very common cause of T spikes...

If this is the reason for your spike, then it is most likely temporary (and will get better once you are able to sleep well again).

8. Seawater7

Seawater7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Have you tried cutting down on salt and caffeine?

Did your anxiety or stress level change recently?

I have had a lot of spikes in tinnitus that have lasted for 2 weeks at the most, but always went back to the base level.

I always get worried after a loud noise exposure .