Supplements for Spike After Exposure to Loud Music?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dennisversage, Jun 5, 2018.

1. dennisversage

dennisversage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive sound exposure
      So I went to a party yesterday without protection and my tinnitus has spiked a lot and l'm freaking out. Are there any supplements I can take right now that could instantly help reducing/repairing my tinnitus to my normal base level?

I read about magnesium, but would it make sense taking this or is it simply too late?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can try taking NAC.

3. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At what dosage? 1,200? I took 2 today, I was exposed to a loud stereo for about 15 seconds. I'm so scared :( should I take another one? 1,800?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am sorry that I couldn't reply earlier. How are you feeling now?

Normally you want to take 1,200. I guess it is ok to take double the dose once in a while after being exposed to noise. Having said this, after taking 2 pills per day (2,400) for months, I found out that exceeding 1200 can do some serious damage (I think the damage is to the ears, I don't remember the details). Search the internet for an overdose of NAC. In any case, now I am a lot more careful with it. I take no more than half a pill (600) a day. Goes without saying that following noise exposure, I would take 1,200 or even 2,400. I kind of tested it on myself, and taking 2,400 hasn't harmed me.

5. The Jordan
      Sad

The Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      23/06/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Cinema)
      Im started taking prednisone after a spike, but sadly yesterday I had another noise induced spike, now I cant take more prednisone because Im finishing the other prednisone course (Im now at only 15 mg per day). So I wonder if is safe to try taking 1200/600 mg of NAC at the same time as the prednisone for that second spike? (Im also taking 1500 mg of magnesium tablets per day)

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The good news is that you had Prednisone in your system at the time of your last noise exposure. As a result I am sure you benefited from some protection.
      I had taken them at the same time, and I ended up being ok. I think NAC is harmless unless one takes too much of it.

• Like Like x 1