Switched Gaming Headset, Now I Have Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thomas Stirling, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Thomas Stirling

Thomas Stirling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      change in headset
      basicly I am a serious gamer it is one of my passions in life and saved my from chronic depression. originaly I had purchased a mid range headset the logitech g930 but had issues with it disconecting from my pc for the two years I had owned it. Finaly I got sick of it and decided to buy a hyperX cloud This headset caused tinnitus from day one I would take the headset off and have massive ringing in my ears. after trying several things including exessivly low volume I returned it and switched to my failing g930s. Now I decided to go with the logitech g933s and the same thing happened I can no longer use g930s any advice?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Assuming that your T is from acoustic trauma or loud noise exposure, your best course of immediate action was to get prednisone treatment. It may be a bit late now but never hurt to try. Also your neurons are in hyperactive state regarding sounds. So perhaps protect your ears to let them settle down to heal. And even if they are back to normal, you may want to play with low volume.

3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      Ive been playing my old and completely silent sega master system. Ive shut down the windy high pitch squeal of the wiiu. Your ears will heal if u stop w the headset for a while. 3 to 6 mos.

4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      You got that headset cranked right up or what?

5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Well for starters stop using headphones and use speakers

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thomas Stirling

Thomas Stirling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      change in headset
      headset is low volume cannot use speakers due to the fact that the games I play are competitive and team based (mic chat) will try letting them heal for a couple months