Symptoms of Meniere's Disease?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Daveyrvancleef, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I don't want to be hypochondriac, but last week I was extremely dizzy. I was so tired and my whole world was spinning. It was hard for me to hold a conversation with someone else in the room, I just wanted to sleep. After 4 hours I could function again.

A day or two later I removed some earwax from my right ear and it had a dark color. This ear has the highest pitch. Since then I developed a wobbly vision. Only when I focus correctly I can stop it for a few seconds. I'm sitting in my chair now and it feels like i'm on a boat.

2. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      If you have vertigo or nystagmus then you should see a doctor.

3. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Go to the doctor..

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I went to the doctor an hour ago and he was checking my eyes and my coordination. Coordination is fine, but my eyes aren't working together properly. He also gave me Betathistine for the vertigo. I have to go tomorrow to the my own doctor and let him check it out.

5. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      Could be a middle ear infection or labrynthitis, or even a migraine. I get these symptoms 24/7 and some are indeed migraine-attributed. Those conditions are much more common than Meniere's.

The fact that you also had a lot of wax caked onto your eardrum is also telling; that alone may cause vertigo, and could indicate infection.

A last thing to consider is a sensory processing issue, because the eye problems don't sound peripherally induced (coming from the inner ear). I have SPD too and my eyes can behave like chameleon eyes or freeze up outright. Weird stuff man.

Go see a reputable ENT asap instead of your regular doctor.