Syringing & Recovery

Discussion in 'Support' started by Frenger, May 30, 2016.

1. Frenger

Frenger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey all,

This morning I woke up with my left ear clogged up and all the sounds made an echo. I booked ears cleansing appointment and put softening drops in my ear. I just got my ears syringed and I feel way better but there's still a little bit of echo in my left ear. Should this go away with time? Thanks :)

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      That echo you are talking about makes me think more about patulous (open) Eustachian tubes than about ear wax.
      Just my 2 cents.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Frenger

Frenger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'll look it up. Can it be fixed?

4. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      It goes away naturally, but it may take a long time, or you can ask an ENT to treat it. I do not know what does the treatment consist of.

5. Irish

Irish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music from nightclub
      Hi @Dana, I hope you're right. I didn't know what I had as no consultant seemed sure, but having researched it myself, it looks very much like Patulous Eustachian Tube that I have.
      I've had this since the start of this year, mostly in my left ear, but a little in my right ear too.
      Although I also have Hyperacusis, it's PET that is really driving me nuts.
      Did you have PET as well and did it gradually go away over time?
      If so, how long did it take?
      I'm not sure if mine has improved or not over the course of this year, maybe slightly, but it's difficult to say.