Teen with Tinnitus? Watched a Video Mentioning Tinnitus and Then I Noticed It Too

Discussion in 'Support' started by yourace, Mar 7, 2019.

1. yourace

yourace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm 16 and I'm not sure if I have tinnitus or not... So 4 days ago I watched a video on YouTube that mentioned tinnitus and I got curious so I started researching more about it. I then wondered if I have it and listened closely and heard a slight ringing noise (in a quiet room). I got a little scared so I did research about that noise and apparently everyone can hear a slight ringing noise when it's completely silent. However, since then I feel like it's gotten worse, when it first started I thought I was just maybe imagining it, but now I can totally hear it.

A few days prior to this, I remember my ear being pretty itchy at times and just feeling weird. Also whenever I push my jaw out the ringing sound gets louder, same with when I yawn. Also several months prior in November I remember for about a week everytime I yawned my ears would make a popping noise, but that went away.

I don't listen to loud music and haven't been to a concert in years too. The sound is only noticeable when I'm in a quiet setting but I can sleep fine. Although, the sound changes frequently, sometimes it's only in one ear, sometimes it sounds like a vacuum, crickets, a whistle, or a school bell, and it changes within hours.

I'm just worried that it might last forever or it might get worse.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Stop researching Tinnitus, or trying to find it, and move on with your life. You have plenty of things ahead of you. Worrying about Tinnitus shouldn't be one of them.

Oh, and take care of those ears of yours.