Teen with Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Komodo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Komodo
      Disappointed

Komodo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Stress
      Ok...So, I'm 15 years old and I got tinnitus 3 or 4 weeks ago...

I used to listen to music through earbuds most of the days but only an hour rarely two and I have been doing that for maybe 6 months...Now my tinnitus isn't the worst one like I can only hear it when is really quiet in a room cause I usually sleep with my window open so I hear crickets and stuff and don't notice tinnitus...

Now I went to an ENT he didn't find anything wrong with my ears...The doctor gave me some B complexes and she said that if it continues you should come back and get an audiogram and stuff...

She said that just because I'm young I have better chance of my tinnitus disappearing and another cause would be the stress that I had during the exam period and I'm also an emotional type of person so that could be a cause...

Now I wanna know some stuff and I would be so glad if someone could answer these questions:

-When is tinnitus considered permanent after how much time?!

-Does it get worse when you get old ?!

-And should I take some earplug with me at school cause it is a bit of a noisy place?!

-When I force my jaw forward (not when I move it forward only when I put pressure on it) my ringing gets louder and dissapears when I stop like not when I chew or yawn only when I force my jaw...Should I worry ?!

In conclusion, I just hate the fact that I see all of my friends listening to loud music and I'm here with this ringing noise in my ears...I was such a retard to listen to music through my earbuds and I messed all stuff up...Eh, well life continues and I hope I did the right things...(BTW SORRY IF MY ENGLISH IS BAD IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE)

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      1.) nobody knows when it is permanent, it is impossible to say. There have been cases of it taking months or years to disappear. One should use chronic if longer than 6 months.

2.) keep protecting yourself stay away from ear buds and you should be okay.

3.) not for school, only when decibal levels exceed 85

4.) tell your ent about this

• Useful Useful x 1