Temporal Shift in Hearing

Discussion in 'Support' started by kmohoruk, Mar 19, 2017.

1. kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      Hello Everyone,

Has anyone sort of dealt with a temporary lose and fullness feeling in one of their ears with a higher amount of tinnitus?

I was just cooking dinner and then all of a sudden my hearing slightly dropped a bit, I got a fullness feeling in my right ear, and it sort of feels a bit muffled.

It's gotten slightly better (luckily I was almost done making dinner), but I'm still worried. I'm trying to stay calm and just let it sort itself out, but yea...it's an odd feeling

I have a feeling that it may have to do with my neck position as I have been studying all day for exams, and I also have some issues with TMJ, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Any thoughts, recommendations, or just nice vibes would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      This sounds like "fleeting tinnitus". It happens to everyone, even to those who do not have T. While it's definitely unpleasant, it's nothing to worry about. :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      Thank you Elinor for the reassurance.

That's why I like this site, sometimes when you just need a little support in moments of distress, there's a whole community of people with T to give that extra support! Thank you :)