Temporary Tinnitus? Or...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nave, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Nave

Nave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hello, last Friday I went to a bar, and the volume of the music there was really really loud, I already knew about tinnitus as I've read it somewhere.

I went off home and heard this loud ringing, by the morning there was no sound heard at all...

But on Monday, I noticed only when I went to sleep, I have this such tiny really really low volume high pitched ringing. It's easily unnoticeable by any sound. And I can sleep easily with it since it's really so small.

But it's Thursday and it's still not gone, so it means it's permanent? All the times I went to a bar I went to sleep and by the morning any noise was gone. I know now to put on ear plugs whenever I go.

And if it is permanent, will it get louder with my age? If it stays at this volume I can live with it whatsoever. I'm 19 btw.

Also I know some of the people here have really serious T conditions, so I am sorry for posting this, but I just have to know

• Like Like x 1
    2. John B.
      Tired

John B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi Nave - judging by your age, and assuming you have had no other exposure to loud music / noise there's a very good chance that what you have will dissipate over the next several weeks, if not sooner. You will just have to wait it out to know for sure. You should definitely look into protecting your ears the next time you know you're going to be in a loud venue. For now I would just relax and wait it out.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nave

Nave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you for the reply. I will protect my ears next time for sure. Also, are foam ear plugs enough for protection?

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are fortunate that you have detected tinnitus in the very early stages. It is a warning that you have been exposing your ears and auditory system to loud sounds on more than one occasion? Do you listen to music through headphones or go to clubs concerts where loud music is played? Do you work in a noisy environment or use noisy power tools often? Any of these things will cause tinnitus. If you use headphones reduce the volume to the lowest level but it's better if you don't use them at all. When going to places with loud music, use vented earplugs but still be careful of loud sounds. If you follow this advice I don't think you will have any problems. Consider using a sound machine at night instead of sleeping in a quiet room. Click on the link below and read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View. You might find it helpful.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

5. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Please do not use foam earplugs. These are mainly used when in very noisy environments or using noisy power tools. Use earplugs that have filters built-in They allow some sound through but won't impair sound quality. Try not to get too used to wearing them. Only use them where there are loud sounds. At a club for instance or concert.

Michael

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nave

Nave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thanks for the comments again. As I've said it's not really something, I can sleep on it easily. But I'm just afraid it'll get worse one day. Thanks again, I'll make sure to protect my ears!

7. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Nave
      If you keep away from loud noise and wear noise-reducing earplugs that have filters when at clubs or concerts, but still be aware of loud sounds, then you have little to be afraid of. Oh, if you listen to music through headphones do so at the lowest volume possible and not for too long a period. If you can do without using them that is even better. Then, I don't that you will have a reason to visit a tinnitus forum, because of tinnitus caused by loud noise.
      Take care
      Michael

8. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hey Nave. You'll be fine. No need to be afraid. Just be aware. Don't attempt to justify any excessive sound exposure in the future. Even if all your friends are doing it or you forgot earplugs. Now go on and live your life!

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Never forget that we get only a limited number of second chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    10. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Foam earplugs are not practical. They block out too much sound. Go get yourself some cheap musicians earplugs. For BARS they are more than sufficient. They'll cost 20 dollars but are reusable. For loud concerts foam plugs, or somethign with a similar noise rating is what you need.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For me, there is no such thing as blocking too much sound. I always wish I could block more sound. You can still hear people speak when you wear foam earplugs.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nave

Nave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you for all the replies. Ringing was gone when I woke today. Now I know to go with earplugs everytime I go out, incase I go to loud areas. Thanks again , and I wish you all for your ringings to be gone aswell.

• Like Like x 1
    13. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Avoid loud envirorment, ear plug could not be enough, loud sounds propagate in the skull and many persons claims to get tinnitus even if they wore ear plug. You are very luky young men do not ruin your life just change your life-style

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      By the way if it is true that in 5 or 10 yr they will find a cure we could all enjoy loud party as before :) lot of luck ;)

15. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't enjoy loud parties. I didn't enjoy them before T either.
      For me the goal isn't to be able to enjoy loud stuff again: it's to be able to get some rest, regain some focus, cognitive abilities, and as a result, a boost for my much deteriorated quality of life.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1