Ten Years of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Evan Eleven, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Evan Eleven

Evan Eleven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Playing and listening to music too loud.
      Hey everyone. My name is Evan. I am a musician. I have abused my ears throughout my teens and into my 20s and even though I have had tinnitus for around ten years it has finally taken a toll.

Throughout the years whether I am playing or watching a loud concert I usually bring my earplugs but my problem is I rarely use them or I will take them out and say eff it ..I know it sounds insane but as musicians know nothing compares to hearing and getting into the music without plugs but now none of it has been worth the damage that is done. I feel that in a way it has been worse than ever since also going thru a recent stressful breakup and having to be on my own again fending for myself.

I like many others suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts which I am sure tinnitus is what puts me into a state of despair and hopelessness. I am here to find out in more detail how over time tinnitus can get better and to help others who are in the group to talk, relate to one another for tips and tricks on how to get better ..also knowing we aren't alone let's combat this illness! I am currently not doing music or plan on going to shows I am just trying to get better along with sobriety but I'll save that part for another form.

I recently also got back on dexedrine for my adhd which has been known to increase tinnitus so I am thinking of stopping it and shaping my diet in a way where my head doesn't feel like exploding every night and throughout the day when there is "silence". Peace n love.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome and sorry about your suffering. As a musician, you may find the success story of another musician something of interest. This is the most read success story on TT. The author has had bad T for 40 years and through a simple method he has found silence again. Here is the story. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Like Like x 1
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Evan,

Welcome aboard!

Given that you already have tinnitus and a musician, you definitely need to use earplugs! I would compare it to sleeping around, but not wearing a condom.

From your message, you note that you have had some stress in your life so that too can play a role in exacerbating your tinnitus. Perhaps you are going through a spike due to your medications?

If you have not had your hearing checked in a long time, it may be a good idea to schedule an appointment with the ENT and find out where you stand. Good luck!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Evan Eleven

Evan Eleven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've had my hearing checked just a few months ago and they said I was gifted for hearing and that the tinnitus was separate from hearing loss...I will read the success story thank you for that. After this weekend of hopefully getting good rest I am going to go the week without my medication and see the difference. Amphetamines forsure don't agree with tinnitus...sorta like coffee I suppose..and yes earplugs need to happen...I am also taking an overall break from music making right now and working on my alcohol /cocaine recovery. I hadn't done coke in over a year until two months ago I started dabbling again and drinking heavier...bad choice it quickly and surely broke my life down fast and contributed to the destruction of my relationship..drugs and alcohol are bad for tinnitus...so is smoking cigs and weed which I'm also attempting to quit for the I don't know how many times.

5. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Dude, skip the unhealthy lifestyle and become addicted to sports. Running, lifting, calisthenics,.. you'll see great results both physically and mentally in just a few months. All those toxins from booze, dope and cigs are keeping your mood low.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Evan Eleven

Evan Eleven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Forsure...been going to meetings everyday...