Thank You for Describing Ear Fullness

Discussion in 'Support' started by FixaUppa, Aug 31, 2018.

1. FixaUppa
      Batty

FixaUppa Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      didn't use earplugs as loud live music played for an hour.
      I saw a post recently describing ear fullness. It was described as being on a jet flight and feeling pressure in your ears and having a muffled sensation in one's hearing. I feel this is a very accurate description of the ongoing symptom I have for ~5mos since I acquired t from not using hearing protection at a punk show. I tried looking for the post, but can't find it. I should have bookmarked it. Thank you for your description.

I feel that if I could lose this feeling (symptom) that my t wouldn't be that bad (but maybe I would perceive the ringing louder?). If either the ringing or the fullness would be gone, I would be more positive. Having both really sucks. Luckily the sharp pains in my ears have disappeared. Occasionally I'll get a different tone of ringing in my ears randomly, but it will only last for no longer than a minute.

Man, it's hard to accept that I fucked up my ears from drunkenness and laziness. My buddy gave my earplugs that night, as he is a caring person, but I didn't use them throughout the whole show. There was a moment at the show, I thought, I should put my earplugs in, but then in my drunken stupor, I thought, I'll be ok. Welp, today, I am not ok. Screaming out lyrics as the band played probably did not help either. The nonstop ringing in my left ear and fullness in both ears give me grief everyday. The ringing now is probably not as bad as the initial onset. It has possibly subsided some. I feel I have either got used to the ringing, or perhaps maybe it has lowered in volume?

I've seen posts stating that the fullness eventually goes away. Maybe it does. It's been 5 mos and the fullness feeling has not gone away. I've seen other posts on facebook groups saying that the fullness feeling is caused by nerve damage. This makes sense to me as nerves are responsible for physical feelings in the body. If this is true, I don't think nerves regenerate, just like inner hair cells in the cochlea.

I don't see many recent posts about the fullness feeling. I wonder how bad my ears are screwed up because most don't describe this symptom. Maybe I haven't delved deep enough into the archives here.

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Just like what can cause a spike, there's many things that can cause ear fullness and often a time limit can't be placed unless the cause is known.

Ear Fullness - just a few from though.

Ear infections
      Endolymphatic Hydrops - Primary or Idiopathic association to Meniere's Disease
      Secondary Endolymphatic Hydrops
      Impacted Earwax
      Cholesteatoma
      Tensor Tympani Syndrome
      Hyperacusis
      Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence
      Heavy Lifting
      Speaking
      Walking
      Chewing
      Swallowing
      Coughing
      Cold - Flu
      Low Frequency Sound
      Noise
      SSHL
      ETD
      Acoustic Neuroma
      Balance Issues - Head, Neck, Face, Mouth Movement
      Facial Tingling
      Facial Nerve
      Cranial Nerves
      Many Other Nerves
      Muscle Stiffness - Neck
      Jaw Stiffness
      Infections - Viral - Bacterial
      Toxins
      Other Ear Problems

3. Andy9214

Andy9214 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing test
      Did the ear fullness ever get better for you?

• Good Question Good Question x 1