Thanks for the Add

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Matthew Burton, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Matthew Burton

Matthew Burton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 15 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposed to sustained extreme noise caused by oilwell blowout
      I am well control expert in the oil field. I have been exposed to many oil and gas well blowouts over the years. Most of them I was able to protect my ears with plugs and perform my work. This one in particular in August of 2012, was extreme in North Dakota. Both my friend and my dog died there. Myself and others fought the blowout which was the loudest noise possibly imaginable and continuous. Since that day, the ringing and whooshing never subsides. Ever. It's difficult on many levels. Sleep, wake, relationship, hearing, balance. Life. I can't believe that there is so little known and no real effective treatment that I have found.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum, Matthew. Thanks for dropping by here to share your story. Sorry to hear about your friend and your dog. Never realize oil well can be that dangerous with explosion. Most of us only see oil well fires (like those lit up in wars in the Middle East) but never realize the explosion can be so dangerous. Explosion can really damage the ears. Soldiers in wars came back with ears totally damaged. Even Captain Kirk of Star Trek (William Shatner) and Spock suffered bad T because of an expected explosion that happened in the set of an episode they were filming. Here is Shatner & Letterman talking about their T in a 1996 show.

David Letterman with William Shatner - March,...