The Best Things to Happen to You After Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Madi H, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure, probably headphones
      Right now I can't help but feel like I'm going through a tough time. I'm not sure how to go about too many things. I'm a teen with tinnitus, and although I've gotten over a ton of the obstacles and I'm starting to live my life again I can't help but feel out of place.
      I'd like to have people to share their own personal experiences. Not the bad ones but literally the best things that have happened to you (after t). It could be a good trip, relationship, event, etc. I just feel like I need a picker upper.
      Hearing about these experiences will help me and others that come across this thread, so thank you to whoever wants to share and give some hope to normalcy. (Sorry to inconvenience anyone)

2. Karel
      Tired

Karel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I went on a holiday to Japan after I got T (and H too). Had a great time, and neither the flights nor the things I did there made my condition (permanently) worse. That felt like quite a victory for me. I had wanted to visit Japan for many years and I'm glad I didn't let T&H stop me from realizing that dream.

• Like Like x 5
    3. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Nothing good or bad has happened since I got T 6 years ago, other than my vitreous humor gradually degenerating. I'm 21 now.

I'm just waiting for the "good days" that every therapist ever has said will come...

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I had my third daughter after developing tinnitus. She's amazing and my three girls are the reason I get up every morning and battle this shitty T..

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I appreciate a few things a lot more than I used to because they are good sound therapy. Things such as birdsong, riding my bike, playing my guitar. They mean alot more to me now.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I personally think moving to Las Vegas was the best thing to happen to me. I'm always occupied because there is always something going on. It's bright and warm most of the time and it rarely rains. After the move I find it easier to occupy myself and find places to travel to.
      I recently went to San Diego and got to take close up pictures of seals. I went to Little Italy and ate authentic food, I watched fireworks on the beach, I went to an amazing zoo, etc.
      I came from a small town in the middle of nowhere and moved to a huge city. Like I'm talking I lived down the road from a goat farm, my hometown has 2 stop lights and then I move to the city of lights. I moved to the other side of the country and I honestly can't look back.
      I moved from SC and I've never truly been exposed out in the open. I'm ashamed to say that I've honestly could count on my fingers how many kids I knew that weren't black or white at my school. Moving here was a culture shock and I'm glad to experience this. It's like seeing life through a new lense and I'm experiencing everything in a whole new light.
      Moving was the best thing to happen to me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Right now I can't help but feel like I'm going through a tough time. I'm not sure how to go about too many things. I'm a teen with tinnitus, and although I've gotten over a ton of the obstacles and I'm starting to live my life again I can't help but feel out of place.
      I'd like to have people to share their own personal experiences. Not the bad ones but literally the best things that have happened to you (after t). It could be a good trip, relationship, event, etc. I just feel like I need a picker upper.
      Hearing about these experiences will help me and others that come across this thread, so thank you to whoever wants to share and give some hope to normalcy. (Sorry to inconvenience anyone)

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I met the best friend ever and now dear friends for life and love him to bits..

Lots of love glynis

9. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      @Mario martz @Foncky @Madi H

I don't need "Hug" emotes. I need medical help, before I die, which will be very, very soon now.

I can't handle watching my own body and life rot away from the inside out anymore.

10. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I know,
      But its just a way to show empathy.
      we all need "medical help", i would prefer "scientist help" to be honest haha
      I Hope you dont die anytime soon, you are very young and there are interesting things happening.
      your life deserves a second chance and i hope we all find some relief soon.
      so dont give up, this is the worst time to give up.

• Like Like x 1
    11. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      When it temporarily goes away for a few hours every 3-4 weeks

• Like Like x 1
    12. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      My son was born. It also quieted down my T to all time low for 1-2 months. For real!

• Like Like x 2
    13. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      A cat wandered in to my house and is still here a year later. Having a cat ROCKS. :cat:

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1