The Dreaded "Ping"

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattL, Dec 2, 2014.

1. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Whenever i am about to go through a rough time with the t, i get this ultra loud ping which feels like it is piercing my skull. It may seem like a strange analogy but i imagine it being a similar experience to a bullet going through my head (only i'm still conscious after it of course o_O)

Anyway that is the warning sign i get about an impending "t from hell" stretch, which will most likely culminate in a harrowing vertigo attack :nailbiting:

Do you guys get warnings like this?

2. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Bro Hope this isn't a silly question but have you had a check for meniere's disease?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Yes i have and yes i have it :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Although i prefer to call it just Meniere's. The word disease doesn't really describe it accurately imo

5. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Ok, thought that's what it sounded like, that sucks more than just having T man, I can only assume that what your experiencing is symptoms of it.
      Yea I know what you mean but I often call my T a disease.

I know theirs a few on here with that who can offer you better advice and help than I can bro, hope you get better mate.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's

Thanks very much for your kind words.

I am still quite young (38) and very positive about my life, determined to get to the so-called burnout stage without too many mental scars. I can honestly say that i am still, for the most part, able to function normally. People seem to immediately think the worst about Meniere's, but what they don't seem to grasp is that sufferers can go for months, or even years, without having any symptoms at all. I have personally had a stint of 8 months where i was symptom free.

When thinking about that situation, i find myself feeling better off than some of the other sufferers on this site; resulting from reading so many depressing threads which have at times brought me to tears. I am utterly astounded at the resilient nature of some of the members here, and feel so grateful to receive support from those same sufferers.

I know Meniere's will get worse as it progresses, but it will never beat me down. Stay positive!! :D

• Like Like x 2