The End of Silence, Heeeeelp :-(

Discussion in 'Support' started by tinnitube, Mar 3, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2105
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      Hello all , im in real pain , need some advice please ... On August 2015 , I suffer from an inner ear condition that cause very bad vertigo , like 5 months . At the 10th day , the horrible sound begin in my left ear , like a high pitch sound . I feel im goin crazy . The worst part is I use to be an audiophile , like love sound and build equiipment with my hands , I never had listen to high levels of sound , I always care about my ears , but this damn virus destroy all in just seconds !!! what are the chances that this will end :-( what to do , let me know please !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi @tinnitube

Sorry you're going through this. If it's been going on for five months already, it might not just go away, but it still could.

Have you seen doctors already?

Even if the sound doesn't go away, the panic that you're feeling now will settle down. There are lots of people with tinnitus leading relatively normal lives.

3. STi

STi Member

Well. ..Since it's been awhile already it might be there to stay...The fact it's not noise induced it might...But after 6 months man...Doesn't look good.

4. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      I get vertigo too- it can be uncomfortable.

The chances are good that it will self resolve, even after 5 months.

If it hangs around then you will eventually habituate to the noise, to the point where it isn't noticeable.

Try not to panic and catastrophe about the future. I panicked a lot when I first got tinnitus but wouldn't have done so to the same extent if I had realised that it gets better eventually.

Hugs

5. RingingMike

RingingMike Member

@tinnitube since the last 5 months has your tinnitus gone down at all? If it did it might keep decreasing.

6. joaquin

joaquin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      thank you very much , I havent see a a doctor for the tinnitus , just for the episode of vertigo and was told that was an infection . I use steroids like 3 or 4 weeks then intermitent use and some anti vertigo pills . then it goes away . Is habituation the only real solution right now ?

7. joaquin

joaquin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      yeah , I could not believe how delicate was the inner ear , ive been a swimmer all my life also , never had any problems of any kind until this . but any way this forum makes me calm because I was feeling like real depressive a couple of days ago . :-(

8. joaquin

joaquin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      thank you , really. when vertigo strikes me , I was doing two like two posgraduate studies so I had to keep going to classes , one thing good is that was viral , so it didnt come back (I hope) . For example today the ringing was a little low I dont know if its really lower or my brain is just not looking into it .

9. joaquin

joaquin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      today first day . I think ive heard it lower , sometimes I think it goes lower . And one thing strange prior getting to sleep , in the stage when youre not sleep but youre not awake also , it goes awaty completely . But then when Im awake its shows again . Any one familiar with this ?

10. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I'm very similiar to you. Mine is almost completely gone when I first woke up and then it slightly shows itself. What is that? And this morning it has gone for a few moments and now here it is again. Is it some kind of mind trick? Or is it slowly fading away? Mine is anxiety disorder related I think.

11. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2105
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      hi betse , this is joaquin guess I did two accounts but I will use this nick . Yes I think the brain plays a very important role in de T , so when the brain shuts off , the T also shuts off . and when we wake up , little by little it shows again . so thats the importance I think of being relaxed and not get stimulants and too much stress . I will try Yoga now , many people says to me "it help" not to cure , but to calm down , like the same thing happens to us in the night . By the way im from chile . come from a musician family , all them says "you will habituate" so I think the best way now is to relax in any aspect we can :)

12. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Thank you. Ironically I was about to start Yoga session right before I got my T and now this is a ''must'' for me. I'll give it a try asap. Hope you will find your relief. Hugs

13. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I get that too!! sometimes in the morning i wake up and i dont listen to any noise.....then i go to the bathroom and its back! WEIRD