The Faster I Go, The Mind Is a Point

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HollowZer0, Nov 17, 2018.

1. HollowZer0
      Vegged out

HollowZer0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure from power tool
      When sitting here stationary, I am free to scan my mind across my whole past, starting from my first ever conscious memory, all the way to present day, right now. My mind is free to do that.
      When stationary, I am free to analyze my whole entire future, allowing positive or negative lenses to tint my perspective. My mind is free to do that.

While walking, I am allowed to scan widely, but not 180 degrees. One foot, then the other one.

While running, I am concentrating on the path ahead. Laces, and soles.

When riding a bicycle, I am focused on keeping upright, because the alternative is undesirable. I can wander, but taking my mind too far from the task at hand leaves my hands too far from the task in mind.

When riding a skateboard, I am eagle-eyed on the surface below my wheels. If I catch a pebble or a crack, my situation will shift. My mind is my eyes.

Pointing the bike down a hill, the sensation is tactile. I feel. I want to continue. The desire is "more". My mind is directed.

Pointing the skate down a hill, my eyes sharpen. My mind is my sharp eyes. The task is to survive. The situation mustn't be changed. I feel fear. My mind is tight.

Threading the bike through the trails, I am dilated. The trees and rocks and roots move by faster. My mind is my peripheries.
      The body loosens and the fingers relax. My stomach moves. My mind is ahead.
      Releasing the brakes, I am open. I feel fear. The aim is "act now". The goal is narrow.
      My mind is a point.

• Like Like x 2