The Unknown...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Laineybee, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Laineybee

Laineybee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly caused by my stroke.
      Hi, I'm new to this group and new to tinnitus.

I survived two strokes in March and April this year, initially I had other things to contend with as a result, so tinnitus didn't even cross my mind. I didn't really know what was going on inside my head as I had to deal with loss of balance, vertigo and headaches amongst other things. After my strokes I would recognise the occasional loud ringing in my ears for short bursts of time, but just thought it had something to do with my strokes. I wasn't overly concerned as it went away quite quickly.

As I recovered I remember thinking that my hearing wasn't as good as it used to be, especially with background noise like being inside a car and having the constant hum in the background. I didn't think much of it. At the time I would occasionally recognise the ringing again, but on a much lower and more constant level.

Again, I didn't think much of it as I just thought my head was still sorting itself out. Over the last 5 or 6 weeks the ringing has got louder and is there all the time. It feels like I've just walked out of a concert. I don't notice it as much when I'm busy, but can still hear it. I have recently started a new job and have been quite tired, so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

So...I'm really asking for what your thoughts are on this and has anyone else had any similar experiences.

Thank you.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It sounds like the strokes caused your T. There is a chance that it will fade or even disappear within the next 3-6-12 months...

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, sleep deprivation, etc., etc.

Since you have vertigo and tinnitus, you may want to check if you have Meniere's Disease. If you do, then our notable member @glynis will be a rich source of information.

• Winner Winner x 1