Therapeutic Advice from Liam Gallagher

Discussion in 'Support' started by Agrajag364, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      “Without a doubt I have tinnitus. You're not a proper rock 'n' roll star if you don't.

“I learned to live with it a long time ago. I put up with it – I just talk really loudly over it. I’m proud of it. Anyone who doesn’t have ringing in their ears can fuck right off.”

Liam Gallagher reveals he has tinnitus like brother Noel

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Agatha

Agatha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      What an asshole he is.

• Agree Agree x 12
      • Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      This is the result of the brain on drugs. This guy is dumber then the average normie. They continue going to concerts, raves and venues without any hearing concern even after tinnitus onset. He's probably going to get debilitated tinnitus soon and noxacusis and have to off himself if he doesn't die of an accidental overdose.

Most tinnitus sufferers learn their lesson, only a fool would have that mindset, screw this guy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well he’s not bright, as his brother Noel said, “he’s a man with a fork in a world of soup”. What’s a normie?

• Funny Funny x 2
    5. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah well. At least he's probably not losing any sleep over it or endlessly reading tinnitus forums.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      I think it's interesting when musicians like Liam, his brother Noel or Dave Grohl don't seem too bothered about their tinnitus. I guess they have very different lives to us and are of a different temperament. If you're around 120db noise on the dailee, you probably don't notice it as much.

He's a douche tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I think Noel is probably the worst of the sufferers in terms of loudness in that group and he is bothered by it. Apparently he’s sought numerous treatments. He just can’t talk about it. You can bet your ass he will have a tongue tickler within the next few months and yep nobody will ever hear about his using it. Because it ain’t cool to ‘suffer’ ringing ears.

I’ve entered the phase of hiding my condition from people now. It’s a massive turn off on all levels. People just don’t want to know about it. Increasingly we live in an age where people want happy smiley positive upbeat healthy conquer the world folk around them. If you’re in a chair or obviously fucked up or burnt or some shit you’ll get sympathetic ‘we all still love you’ vibes off people. But if you’re a miserable **** because of an unseen torturous sound in your head you’ll just get swerved big time.

To survive and have a vaguely normal life with this you have to hide your feelings and become fake as shit....and get in to drinking.

• Agree x 11
      • Hug x 4
      • Like x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
    8. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tongue tickler, lol. Bam, you are one of the funniest people in this forum, no doubt about it. I actually read your story last night as I was waiting for my psychologist and you have my deepest sympathies. I think this wretched disease has deprived us from a pretty funny comedian or writer in your instance. Noel seemed to have a very laissez faire attitude towards it in an interview I heard, but I'm not surprised that's not how he really feels.

I have completely hidden it from work, when I had to take a lot of time off to do the HBOT, I let them know I had a health issue, but didn't elaborate. I don't particularly like sharing personal information with colleagues to begin with, but tinnitus is so misunderstood and they would probably feel like it was self inflicted and therefore not worthy of sympathy, and certainly not something that will de debilitating longer term.

I have let my friends know, though, but I know better than to look to them for sympathy, I think I will try to keep most of my T conversation to the good people of this forum. My girlfriend is showing very little in the way of sympathy or understanding that I can't just snap out of this and be like I was before. Even if I habituate, it's not a simple switch. It seems to me that it is a gradual process that sometimes slips as spikes or new trauma occurs.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Normie

Skip the first definition, and take a look at definitions 2, 3, and 4.
      If he is not adjusting his lifestyle as a result of having tinnitus, his tinitus might eventually become louder. "You can ignore reality, but you won't be able to ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chris Cornell killed himself due to tinnitus.

Pete Townshend has so little hearing left and is beside himself because of tinnitus.

Brian Johnson from AC/DC had to quit performing and has so little hearing left, I'm sure he's considered suicide.

Don't kid yourself that these people aren't bothered or won't be if they keep on this pattern of behaviour.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Talking about Noel, there’s an old interview that I heard years ago which I’m sure most members here have already listened to:

Noel Gallagher Speaks about his Tinnitus

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Musicians and DJs who have spent years playing things (notice I avoided the word music) at ludicrous volumes have slaughtered their own cochleas, hearing, peace and quiet, composure, etc...

They have murdered their own hearing, and that of many of their punters no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    13. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
    14. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      I can't find anything about Chris Cornell relating to tinnitus. Got any sources?

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Strawberryblonde
      Chowing

Strawberryblonde Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1st mild (6/12/2015) mild-mod (3/5/2022)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HEADPHONES/TMJ/ETD/SINUSES/AMITRIPTYLINE one of them???
      Nope, but would it help in anyway?

• Winner Winner x 1
    16. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      It seems that he has habituated - from his description. Says it took 1 year to tune it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      How do you know Chris Cornell killed himself because of tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
    18. Bill Arsenault

Bill Arsenault Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Permanent/Highly intrusive since 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Over Exposure. Worsened by ototoxic Street Drugs/Meds.
      There’s an obscure quote out there somewhere from his wife that straight-up says his death was a direct result of overdosing on the meds he was taking for his severe tinnitus but she rarely mentions this detail anymore when referring to his death for whatever reason.

It another obscure interview, where she explains what happened on the night that he was found dead, she says he was taking Benzos because he was having suicidal ideations due to tinnitus but that even the meds were not helping anymore, and that the night he died he told her over the phone that his tinnitus was so bad after getting off stage that he tried taking some extra pills that he got to try to deal with it but that it was not helping and that he could not even sleep anymore and was now having some really bad thoughts.

She then got extremely concerned and immediately sent someone to his room to get him but he was already dead.

He died from mixing barbiturates with benzos.

The only question that remains is how intentional the end result was.