Things Are Getting Better

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike K, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      It's been a few weeks since I have posted, mainly because I am sure of my cause of T and have been coping much better. My T is caused by this ongoing sinus problem (I just noticed tonight that my tonsils still have not rid themselves of these grayish spots. I plan to ask the doctor about that soon; no pain, no discomfort, nothing, just these spots). It has caused me to have ETD, especially in my right ear where, according to the doctor, there is a small pocket of air that intermittently pops up. This is why I can hear my breathing 60% of the day. There is no fluid blockage, just dysfunction of the eustachian tube. I can feel it getting a bit better as time goes on.

Now for the ringing. It's either gone or very very low, in complete or almost complete silence. I don't hear it at all unless I'm sitting in my room with no other noise in the background. I used to question whether it was going away or I was habituating, but now I could care less. If it's there, it's there. If it's not, it's not. I've stopped listening to it; I'm just grateful it's not any worse. Not paying attention to it, checking up on myself, caring, these were hardest things I've had to do in a while. But I did it. I'm very confident my body will return to normal in due time. It's been almost 4 months now since I started having these sinus/ear problems and tinnitus, but I credit myself and those of you on here for providing good vibes to help me through it and get back on track emotionally.

It's not a success story, because it hasn't left me yet. But I've successfully gotten over it. You can too. You may be reading this thinking "No I can't". I have been there. All you can do is keep trying, something will eventually work; there is no limit to the mechanisms you can try out to help you cope with anything, including tinnitus.

I will check in from time to time and happily answer any questions if anyone has any. I have immense love for all of you because of this connection we now share, unfortunately in the form of a unlucky condition, and will always be rationing some of the good vibes I have inside me for those of you who are struggling to cope. Stay strong!

2. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      I'm glad things are working out for you. Question though. I remember you were talking about quiting or taking a break from smoking marijuana awhile back. Have you gotten back in it?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Still haven't gotten back into it. My friend even gave me a pot brownie for my 22nd birthday last week and I rejected it. I bet it wouldn't go as badly with edibles as it would with smoking, but I could do without the possible anxiety.

• Like Like x 1