Thirty One Years of Suffering

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RoyalT, Sep 14, 2017.

1. RoyalT

RoyalT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1986
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been suffering from tinnitus for 31 years. I do feel fortunate that it is in only one ear. At times I wonder why nobody else can hear it. I have a very loud high pitch steady sound at around 3971 Hz (from a web site that has a tone generator: http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator). Of course, I've tried everything I could think of to get rid of it to no avail. Is there a cure or even just some relief? Up to about two days ago, I believed that nothing would help. But now I'm not so sure.

Here is the story. I volunteer at the polls during elections. During a slow time, the group started talking about ringing in the ear and one of the ladies told me that she had it but was cured. Knowing what I have been through I didn't believe a word of it but she called up her husband and asked him to bring me some of, what she called a liquid of some kind because she didn't remember the name.

She said she used a couple of drops in her ear each night for about a week and her ringing went away and has never returned. This morning is the third time I used it and the ringing is still there but at a definitely reduced volume. I'm hoping this is not just a coincidence.

One problem I do have is that if it does work I didn't get her name or phone number because I just didn't believe it. I would have to wait until the next election and hope she is volunteering again so I can find out what the heck the stuff is.

I'll keep you all informed.

2. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      If a cure or treatment was available - one that actually reduced the volume for most, we would all know about it.

Does your tinnitus fluctuate occasionally? If so, I would probably put it down to coincidince, because the maker of this mysterious liquid would be well known and a multi-millionaire/billionaire.

3. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @RoyalT, and welcome. I hope is does work. Everyone experiences tinnitus differently, and different things worker different people. You may have stumbled across something that works for you. If so, and you manage to track her down (start with anyone you know who was there, a fellow volunteer, and start asking if anyone knows this woman, you may be able to get a chain of people to get a name, or better yet, give your name, number, and the reason and get that around. I am sure she will remember the conversation and be willing to tell you how to get the drops), please post what they are as I am sure many others here will want to try them.

Also, can you post a description of the drops: Color, sent, if the liquid it thick of thin, anything you can think of. I would suggest a post in the "support" section with a title that clearly states you are looking for help identifying the drops because they are helping.If anyone here has used them, I am sure they will be willing to help you identify them.

Please keep up posted both on if they do work for you, and if yo manage to figure out what they are.

4. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      Hi, RoyalT! Isn’t there a volunteers register in your poll station? That could help you to contact the lady in question.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RoyalT

RoyalT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1986
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sure I can find her but this morning I woke up and guess what, ringing in my ear was just as loud as ever. Darn it but hope reigns eternal.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      RoyalT, I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. It was too good to be true though. Anyway, thanks very much for bringing it to the forum.

I wish you the best.

7. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Alex Senkowski Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If your T can be reduced, even if it's just temporarily, then it's possible that someday it can be reduced permanently.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Halsy

Halsy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abscess tooth
      Royal, have you ever been to a neurologist for an MRA or CTA? It's just that unilateral T - unless it's due to actual physical damage - is generally caused by something neurological like a 'collapsed proximal transverse sinus' or a fistula - both of which can be caught with either of those - the former requires major surgery and the latter is actually minor. You may want to look into this.