This Actually Works for Short-Term Relief for Me

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by John973, Aug 21, 2016.

1. John973

John973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music/noise
      I've had moderate, high-pitched tinnitus with an additional "chirping" in both ears for ~8 months now. I'm really starting to lose it. Browsing YouTube I came across the following:

How To Remove Tinnitus!

It amounts to covering your ears and tapping the back of your neck to "pulse" your hearing. I was absolutely dumbstruck that after trying this I could actually achieve "silence" for the first time since January. From what research I have done on forums, etc. it did not seem that this will ever go away. It probably won't, but for me this bought a few moments of amazing peace before the tinnitus slowly came back. I could see this as being very useful for managing the anxiety at night, or even as a therapy? Anyway, just wanted to share and see if anyone has tried this or heard of anything like it. Watch the video, you won't have any expectations that it could possibly work, but for me it really did (temporarily).

• Like Like x 1
    2. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Lucky you! I've tried that but can't get it to work. Maybe it only works on certain types of tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. barbb

barbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Doesn't work for me either

4. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Me neither :(

5. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Does it give you immediate relief first time or you have to do it a good number of time in one day?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John973

John973 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music/noise
      I found it gave immediate relief (say 50-75% reduction in volume) that lasted from a few seconds to a few minutes. I find it helpful as part of relaxing and "forgetting". I find you don't want to cup your ears too tightly or too loosely. I needed to practice a bit (a light tap should really "boom" in your head). I'm having some sinus activity at the moment that is really aggravating things (going to the doc tomorrow actually) so maybe that is part of it and maybe why it's working for me.

7. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Has anyone ever changed the pitch or volume by hanging upside down over the side of the bed? Someone mentioned hanging over the bed with hands on the floor and head down. I tried it today and it seemed to lower the volume a bit, but not the pitch. I'm hearing a lot of the high dog whistle pitched tinnitus this afternoon which is more annoying than the usual crickets and hissing.

8. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Sort of worked for me. -- I think the annoyance of the "thumping" distracts the mind from T.

My T eventually came back but great exercise for when it gets really annoying.

On a side note, I am down just 1 cup of coffee/day and less sugar and salt which helps a lot.

9. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Maybe worked for a second there, moving on.

10. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      It's very awkward to tap the back of my head with my hoof.

11. harry gillard.
      Barefooter

harry gillard. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection .. hearing loss
      lol when he says ... the tyrannosaurus should be gone from your ears at the end of the vid..
      BLESS.
      I tried it and my tyrannosaurus is still in there.
      stay strong t suffers.
      peace.