Thyroid Nodule — Now Needing Surgery — Have You Had ANY Surgery After Tinnitus? Did It Go Well?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dginobile, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hey all,

So along with tinnitus which for the most part I’ve habituated to, I've had a plethora of other health issues since Dec of last year.

Meningitis, Gallbladder Disease which I was told would need to be removed if my attacks persist, a thyroid nodule that was found in Jan of 2017 which is now growing and over 4 cm I will be getting a 2nd biopsy on the 29th.

The first in 2017 was benign but because of its size and because it continues to grow I will need to have my right lobe removed :(

I put off gallbladder surgery because I was terrified I would wake up to worsening tinnitus, but I do not have the option in this case.

How many of you have gone into surgeries while having tinnitus and came out just fine?

Please don’t take this offensively but I prefer only positive feedback (if you have any) as to how bad my anxiety and depression are at the moment. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I don't have experience but most stories I have read from people who had surgeries didn't have any issues. If anything, the anesthesia actually got rid of the tinnitus temporarily.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Thank you for your reply ❤️

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I also need two surgical procedures which I’ve put on hold for now because I’m too scared to make things worse.

It would be good to hear from others if they know what drug was used for general anesthesia.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Dginobile,

I'm sorry to hear about all these mounting health challenges you're facing. -- I recently made A POST regarding a book called "Iodine Crisis". I posted a review of that book, which brings up the subject of thyroid nodules. I think you may find it interesting. -- I might just mention there's a number of liver/gall bladder cleanses that have helped countless numbers of people avoid gall bladder surgery. I quick google search would give you quite a few avenues to explore. Sometimes something as simple as taking malic acid capsules (dissolves gallstones) is all that's needed. -- Take care!

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Do/have you have low thyroid? It can actually cause tinnitus/weaken your ears.

• Like Like x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Thank you so much for all of this info I will look into it :)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hi every time I get my levels checked the dr says they’re normal

9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      There are pretty big differences of opinion on what normal or optimal thyroid test results are. TSH levels at 3-4 used to be considered optimal, but some doctors think .5-1 is actually better, and some patients have improved when supplementing to get it to that level. -- (That would be me).
      Please let me know if you have any questions, as I've researched this a fair amount. Another quick tip: the amino acids taurine and glycine are both known to "thin" bile, helping prevent gallstones. Taurine especially is a good supplement to take, as most people are deficient in it, and it is good for soooo many things, including tinnitus for some people. -- Best!

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Do they test for T3, T4, and Thyroid Anti-bodies as well? And like Lane said, getting your TSH down to .5 - 1 wouldn’t hurt. I’ve read a few success stories about people’s Tinnitus getting way better after they resolved their thyroid levels.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Thank you! I actually made an appointment with another endocrinologist in Jan for a 2nd opinion on my thyroid, and I will look into the taurine, I’m always scared to take anything new because of the tinnitus. I don’t think my thyroid caused my tinnitus because it came on in the same week I had meningitis, a spinal tap, antibiotics and stress all of which are known to cause tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hi, yes they test for all of that each time I’ve been getting my levels checked for about 2 years now and they say it's okay. But I’m going for a 2nd opinion so I will see what they say.

13. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Dginobile ,
      I had two knee surgeries and Gallbladder removal and no change to my tinnitus.
      love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1