Tinnitus — At Wits' End

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hdwrguy, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Hdwrguy

Hdwrguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amitriptyline
      Hello and thanx for the add to this support group. When I was 14 a neighbor built a cannon out of tennis ball cans. I was too close to it when it went off and had ringing in my left ear. However it went away. Only once in a great while it would ring for about a minute and completely go away.

Fast forward to 2016 where I was diagnosed with LSN. Basically a nerve in my throat was hypersensistive after an upper respiratory infection. I was put on Amitriptyline in Jan 2017.
      About 3 weeks in my ear started to ring and never stopped. However, the meds were healing my throat. So I kept taking it.
      As of now my throat is basically good now. I started cutting my meds in half (for 30 days) and just 3 days ago, stopped taking it.
      My ear still rings and I am just at my wits end. Hoping it goes away or I can find something to quiet it. Thank you. God bless.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I remember tennisball cannon's. I launched them (using a match) 100+ times. There was a great sense of power from that explosion, but nothing about the noise stands out to me.

I'm sorry this T has invaded your life. I'd look up that drug at this site, and see if other people had their T go down/away after stopping to take it. I hope so! Hang in there.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Coming of Amitryptaline can be hard depending on your dose and if to fast you can experience a drop in mood but it's the meds remember and not you as your brain will have less serotonin.
      It also has a seditive to help you sleep that is good for tinnitus sufferers if you can not sleep so you might like to stop on a low dose for sleep.
      love glynis