Tinnitus, 54 from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andrew Karpowicz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Andrew Karpowicz

Andrew Karpowicz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      shingles in left eardrum
      Hi my name is Andrew,from Sydney Australia.I am 54 and now have tinnitus after shingles in my eardrum.Only had tinnitus for 7 weeks and am worried it won't go away.

I am 54 and have only had tinnitus for 7 weeks after getting shingles in my left ear.This is my first time on this forum.I don't think going to a night club with loud music would agree with me either.Its like a switch has been turned on in your ears and you just want it turned off.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum Andrew. It is quite normal to have this fear that T won't go away. It is a cognitive distortion that T often causes us to have catastrophic thinking about the future. By so doing we can become too anxious and stressful which then make T worse. So try not to make projection about the future based on the worst time. Your T is very new and you can't rule out that it can go away or fade over time. If you keep calm and positive your T will have less chance to get worse or become much more intrusive. By the way, have you seen an ENT about the shingles in the ears? Also, have you tried masking your T? Take care. God bless.