Tinnitus After Embolization to Remove DAVF

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlexFB, May 20, 2021.

1. AlexFB

AlexFB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Embolization
      I had been suffering from pulsatile tinnitus for two months until I got the surgery (embolization) to remove my DAVF. The surgery went well and I woke up with no pulsatile tinnitus anymore. I was put on blood thinner (to prevent clot) and steroids (to prevent inflammation) after the surgery. I finished my 21 tablet steroid pack and I am still using blood thinner.

The next day after finishing my steroids I started having normal tinnitus. I thought it was the side effects of medicine and would go away soon, but I still have ringing in my ears even after 2 weeks.

I am very depressed now. I got rid of pulsatile tinnitus and now I developed normal tinnitus. I would appreciate if you can share your thoughts about what might have caused my tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hi @AlexFB!

Very sorry to learn about your situation. The only thing I could think to have caused it, is the medication you were on afterwards - though I’m no medical expert of course.

I am pleased that your pulsatile tinnitus has been solved though.

I also have pulsatile tinnitus, and have been waiting on an operation for three years - but I live in the UK so NHS is being sh*t as usual. I also have “normal” tinnitus too, so I can sympathise with you on both accounts.

Have you spoken to anyone about the occurrence of your normal tinnitus?

Best Wishes,
      Steph

3. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Wow that’s terrible. Good thing is there is hope. It can go away with time.

I know how it feels. I got the COVID-19 vaccine to prevent worsening of tinnitus and it ended up doing just that. Lol.