Tinnitus All My Life, for as Long as I Can Remember...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ReneeAwen, May 27, 2018.

1. ReneeAwen
      Kick ass

ReneeAwen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Pollution: Family Stress, Yelling and Abuse.
      Hello!

I've had tinnitus since I was 4 years old, maybe earlier. I hear tons of frequencies and ringing at different pitches, from very high to mid-range, and I can hear it above many other things. My hearing itself isn't affected, but this ringing has been going on since I've been alive, it seems, and I would love more than anything to be able to get rid of it for good.

I have never spoken to anyone about my tinnitus before, and have never taken any medication for it. I was completely unaware that there were even existing discussions and available "treatment" options for it until just a few years ago. I just so happen to come across sources for so called "cures" for tinnitus when I was researching something else. Admitting, I have grown use to having it, and never sought a cure for it, but I would most certainly love to know what silence is at least once in my life. I am literally on a mission to be rid of it once and for all.

I am in great physical form, had never had health issues before (other than tinnitus), have gone beyond all of my childhood depression, left my old environments behind, sustained a fantastic diet, and can pretty much do whatever I want if I set my priorities for it. I am not on medication for anything, and personally would prefer to keep it that way. The worst thing I can think of is that I admit I sometimes have a lot of salt in my diet. A truly amazing thing is that I use to suffer from extreme cystic acne until I got rid of milk... in case anyone cares to know more about me my user name on Acne.org is "ReneeAwen" (I'll post a link when this account is more than 24 hours old).

Is this something I will be able to get rid of at all? Has anyone else on here ever gotten rid of theirs permanently? It does not affect all of my meditation and quite honestly I can probably go on living with it since I am not attached mentally and emotionally to it. However, it does annoy me enough to where I wish I could know what true silence is, at least for a short while in my life, without hiding behind nature sounds and trying to ignore it when trying to focus on a very, very faint noise that I hear. Any suggestions? If so, then please comment and/or send me a message :). Thank you all for your time!

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Like Like x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      @ReneeAwen

Hi, Renee, it is very nice to meet you. Welcome here!:welcomesignanimation:

• Like Like x 1
    3. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Renee -
      Tinnitus is a tough problem for all of us. It is very difficult to cure it 100% (complete silence).
      The late news of "tinnitus treatment medicine to re-grow hail cells of cochlea of inner ear"
      will be available by year 2020 (but...pending FDA and its affordable price?).
      The best bet is to habituate with tinnitus (coexist peacefully) and continue your life.
      This is my 2 cents advice.