Tinnitus Always Constant Throughout My Life, Now It's Unbelievably Loud

Discussion in 'Support' started by Redocooking, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      Hi, I'm not sure what to do but I'm going through a crisis now, my tinnitus is really bad and it's causing my lack of sleep.

I've normally just turn on a fan when I go to sleep since that's the only time I even noticed it, but it's now not working anymore and I can hear it even with an industrial level fan on medium.

It's never been bad enough since I was born and have gotten use to it, but the fact that I lost my job and I'm deep in debt and I even had to go to the emergency room because I couldn't sleep for 5 days straight cause it to fluxate really bad.

I was really desperate at the time.

My story on Reddit

It went back to normal after some time, but now it's back and this is now affecting my sleep and it feels like a vicious cycle since not sleeping has made it louder.

There's no hearing loss and when I put pressure on my jaw a certain way, it gets worse, never better though regardless of how I move my jaw around.

I would like to get treatment, but i'm flat broke and looking for a job. I've been using brown noise from youtube with my fan, but sometimes that doesn't work.

What a great way to introduce yourself huh.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      how do you know for sure you don't have hearing loss?

Sorry about your awful situation, i hope things can resolve. Enjoy your stay on the forum and try to calm down.

3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Do you suspect anything that recently caused your tinnitus to worsen.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      Hmm recently what the last thing that triggered it was putting a headset on low, not even over my ears, and then 15 or so minutes later, taking it off and just hearing my tinnitus ringing.

There's also the stress/anxiety factor that's been consistent and when I jog I don't even notice my tinnitus, I'm thinking that stress is worsening my tinnitus and even though it's been around forever, it was normally very minor.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Redocooking I'm sorry about your turn of events and your digestive tract and gastrointestinal system reacting. Hopefully your doctor can help you with that. I would consider to ask your doctor for a statement of not being able to work to attach to your Medicare application if that hasn't been done.

You may be clenching your teeth at night. You might want to try a thin mouth guard. A 15 -20 dollar one may help.
      You may like a soft running brook for sound therapy and relaxation. If you go to YouTube you can find some nice brook scenes. Imagine yourself sitting on a rock next to the stream while listening to the brook.

It's probably best that I don't mention medications for sleep. You should discuss that with your doctor since your digestive tract is upset. Maybe research some teas and natural herbs, but look for any gastrointestinal side effects.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      My stomach hasn't giving me that many problems recently, I use to force myself to eat breakfeast before since it was the healthy thing to do, but now that I generally skip breakfeast, I noticed that my stomach is far more calm.

Clenching my teeth at night? I never even considered that, I don't think that's It but, I've got nothing to lose at this point.

7. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Your original post is a bit confusing, did your tinnitus get worse over time (years) or did it just jump from normal to crazy within a few days /weeks? Because depending on the circumstance it can just be a spike due to unhealthy habits combined with extreme stress /anxiety.

BTW welcome, hope you feel better in the next few days

8. 85dB T
      Malnourished

85dB T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This may be a contributor to your increase in T. Careful about not eating and not sleeping. These can lead to bad things. Especially not sleeping.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly

It's been normal then it jumped within the span of losing my job and it was really bad before the medical emergency.

I'm hoping it's just a spike, and once my life is more on track it will go back to normal.

Good news is that I was able to fall sleep for at least 6 hours, now I need to work on getting that back to 8.

Thanks for your support everyone, I think talking on the forums increased my ability to fall asleep.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHFFPj80amL7lKg/giphy.gif

10. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      Same thing happened to me last year. I never really figured out what caused it but my guess is that it was tense neck - and jaw muscles from being stressed out. And probably also being too careless around noise. But it has gotten way better now that my neck - and jaw muscles aren't that tense anymore. And it seems to get worse again in times where my muscles get tense again :)

11. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      It seems likely due to stress, i know when I was under stress at school...my T was twice its volume...once the stress went away, so did the volume. Hope that helps =]

• Like Like x 1
    12. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      My friend had bad anxiety and depression lately and started taking Lithium Orotate. I have taken it too and it seems to help with anxiety. If you are interested, you can read the reviews from various brands of it on Amazon. I happen to have bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe.

13. 85dB T
      Malnourished

85dB T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Be careful taking medication when you're not eating and sleeping. I had the same problem. Had lost over 20 pounds, food was repulsive and would lay/lie awake in bed night after night. Finally I went to a GP (which is something I never do). He prescribed Ambien which had an LSD effect on me (no, I've never had LSD). Later to find out for many it's a horrible and dangerous drug because of this.