Tinnitus and ETD Driving Me Up a Wall

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TrentW76, May 7, 2016.

1. TrentW76

TrentW76 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I've had tinnitus for so long but over the past few weeks it's gotten louder and now it is extremely loud, all night and all day. I have no clue why because I've made sure to avoid loud noises as much as possible and now it's gotten to the point of obsession because I fear my tinnitus will keep getting louder and my ETD will get worse. I've been driven to the point of not being social and my girlfriend is worried about me because she can tell it makes me different. I'm just so nervous that this tinnitus and ETD will eventually make me completely go deaf or something... Over the past few months It's gotten extremely hard for me to function throughout the day normally and my sleeping schedule is so jacked up because I can't fall asleep for hours on hours due to how loud my tinnitus is....When I swallow a beverage or eat or when I turn my head all I hear i crackling and popping in my ears and it's just terrible. yesterday, was probably the worst day in a while because i dont wanna say i was going to do anything stupid but i was really down and out about it so i had to get away from everything and i drove off to a secluded area in the woods and just walked around for a few hours....i really worried my girlfriend and grandmother about it because they didnt know where i was at. I know I shouldnt have worried anyone & it was selfish of me to do that but just sitting inside with the ringing and popping in my ears was just making me crazy and anxious. Any support or advice or anything would be great. Just needed a place to vent my feelings. Thanks everyone

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Hi TrentW76 ... I just wanted to get back to you with a quick reply, to tell you that your post has been read and that your voice has been heard!

In no way whatsoever am I a medical adviser, but there are so many examples of people who are linked to this network and would say that stress makes our condition much worse. That is also my personal experience, too.

You've obviously been able to cope with tinnitus for quite a long time prior to it recently becoming much louder, so I'm sure that you've become accustomed to not focusing on the tinnitus, but rather on the world 'beyond' the noise.

My heart goes out to you as you are experiencing that sense of torment that we all seem to pass through at one stage or another with our tinnitus, but there is still life out there ... Please take the time to read the postings of people, who like you, me and so many others, but they have been through all of this and have come out the other side with hope and a new sense of understanding.

Have you explained what you are now going through to your girlfriend and your grandmother? ... It's obvious from your story that they care about you and love you ... so do let them in.

I hope you don't mind if I should say that I would like to include you in my prayers ... So do stay with TinnitusTalk, and I hope and pray that things will start to improve one day very soon! ................... Paul

• Like Like x 1
    3. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @TrentW76 I understand how you feel about ETD and T happening at the same time. ETD is something that you will get used to, just like T. Don't feel helpless or hopeless. There are others, like me, going through the same things. It was good that you went somewhere just to escape your thoughts and feelings, but don't let it be to the point where others worry greatly about you. Let your feelings out to your loved ones. Even if they might not really get how you feel, they can at least show empathy towards you.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TrentW76

TrentW76 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I appreciate the warm welcome and yes they know what I'm going through and prayers are definitely welcomed, I definitely appreciate it... I'm going to continue to check in regularly on this site and try and get involved more on here. I really didnt know how many had such a problem with it until I found this website..... Once again, Thanks for your concerns- This seems like a great place for me to talk with people who understand

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Hi TrentW76 ... Good to hear from you again!

Do keep checking-in to this site ... I'm sure you'll find lots of friends who understand exactly what you are going through. You know, I was exactly the same as you because before this all happened to me, I very rarely thought about people with tinnitus ... It's been a big eye-opener for me, and now I want to try and offer help wherever I can.

And yes, I feel good that I can now keep you in my prayers ... my pleasure ... so take care and maybe our paths will cross again soon! ............................ Paul