Tinnitus and Future Life Health Issues

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, May 17, 2017.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Do any of you feel like tinnitus has changed your view on future potential illnesses and surgeries?

For example, I have heard from many that tinnitus is a side effect of chemo so now that terrifies me. Obviously I do not have cancer but still.

Also I am a lady that wouldn't mind getting some plastic surgery as I age (I get it isn't for everyone) but now I am terrified to. There is some documentary on HBO right now called plastic surgery nightmare and a lady that had a facelift said she woke up with tinnitus so loud she could no longer hear out of that ear.

Or do you just go on with your life as normal.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I go on with life as normal. I try to let the problems of today be enough for today, as I see no point in giving myself additional stress, because stress will come whether we like it or not because life is problematic. Therefore I try not to add to it with negativity.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      On the other hand @Marie79 i recall of the contrary story where someone underwent surgery and after regaining senses the tinnitus had disappeared! I don't remember the details. I think I read it somewhere here by a member. Maybe the anesthesia can reset the brain! So you never know...

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      You have to go on with your life just like befor you got Tinnitus. My T came 7 days after a leg surgery, but since then I was knocked out for wisdom tooth surgery and there was no difference in my T... I do have high freq hearing loss and think that is the reason for the T setting in.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am worried about dental procedures. I also know that there is a long list of ototoxic drugs that I won't be able to take...

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Marie79, more than a year ago, you wrote
      Is it the case that your t got worse? Or did it just get stuck at that moderate level?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      To be honest I don't even know if it's gotten "worse" or I just notice it more. In the past week it got worse and MAYBE it has gone down. But yes I can hear it many more places now.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      On some days, T bothers me more than usual, even though the day is quieter than usual...

9. neo1
      Wishful

neo1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Marie79 With Tinnitus being a symptom and it affect each person so differently, their is very hard to say exactly what to do, beside the advice from sufferers here on TT and professionals that exist, but.. Read up but be critical on what is right for you. I see you had your T since 2016, so not for to long but still you got a routine and you know in parts anyway what makes your T better/worse.

Consult a surgeon around any operation what they think, read up, be open but once again and judge all information. For in the end only you can decide whats right for you.

/F