Tinnitus and Muffled Ears — Neck Related?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tidumarco, Oct 5, 2022.

1. tidumarco

tidumarco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably neck
      Hello everyone, Marco here from Finland.

I have started my journey into tinnitus on a sudden day while moving from a city to another during the last winter, specifically around 31.12.2021.

Here in Finland, as you probably know, the winter is not really forgiving, last year we had -27 C but it wasn't the reason of my tinnitus. Suddenly I felt my left ear clogged and muffled so I started treatment with various herbs and oils for some period, maybe two weeks. It slowly improved and kept under control for months. It sounds like a low white noise, similar to the blood's sound flowing into the ears when you are putting earplugs, but just a lot louder.

Unfortunately, this summer during a holiday in my wife's parents place, it started again, due probably to change of pillow and stuff. From there every morning is a big question mark: I can wake up almost without it or like today with muffled ears and neck pain while tilting my head in certain positions.

I can modulate my tinnitus while tucking my chin back and forth but I can't find specific exercises to work on it in the worst days. Hopefully soon I will have an X-Ray to see if there is some strange thing going on in my neck.

I know that I have a tic of cracking my neck and I hope that didn't result in my actual situation.

I wish everyone of you to get rid of this unwanted life companion!

Love and Light to everyone of you <3

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      Hi @tidumarco, welcome to the forum. I wanted to tell you that your experience is quite similar to what I experience. If you look at my intro post, you'll see I describe an experience similar to yours, where I sometimes wake up hearing it and sometimes not.

I have since been narrowing down the cause to the vicinity of my neck and neighboring skull bones. If you look at my recent exchanges with @Greg Sacramento and @silentnight, you'll see that we're trying to diagnose what our causes might be.

I have the same suspicion that you do--how I sleep, whether it's the position or the pillow or something else, affects what I wake up to.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tidumarco

tidumarco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably neck
      Thank you @Joe Cuber! I will definitely take a look at your intro! Hopefully soon we will get rid of this unwanted companion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      That is the goal @tidumarco, or else get to a point where it's ignorable. I'd take habituation over the current state of affairs where my tinnitus can totally annoy the heck out of me :p. By the way here's the link to that conversation I mentioned with @Greg Sacramento and @silentnight.

• Friendly Friendly x 1